Newcastle United (A) - Sat 28th Sept, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
do you think foden doesnt play, i know he hasnt been fantastic but surely with no kdb he gets the chance to play his way into form.
When you say he hasn’t been fantastic- he’s only started 1 game and i thought he was fantastic against arsenal.

I like the idea of setting up

………..Ederson………….

….Ajanji..Dias…Gvardiol

………..Stones……….

Silva….Gundo…. Kovacic

Savio….Haaland… Foden

I liked seeing Doku and Savinho getting a half each last night.

I know it was only Watford, but they both played really well and even though they have similar games, they are different. They both must be a nightmare for fullbacks to play against and especially if they're seeing a different one each half!

Grealish is in form so i'd have him on the left giving us control and i'd like to see Doku and Savinho given a half each again on Saturday.

I'd start the players on form so:

Ederson

Lewis
Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol

Bernardo
Kovacic
Gundogan

Doku/Savinho
Haaland
Grealish

I would have Stones in to push into midfield but I think we’ll start with the back four from the Arsenal game.
With Bernardo, Kovacic & Gundogan in a midfield 3
With Grealish, Savinho supporting Haaland.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Akanji
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Bernardo
Gundogan
Savinho
Doku
Haaland

Regular quickest back 4 to handle their pace and directness which has caused us many problems in recent games, the sturdiest most experienced midfield 3 we've got as it will be a real battle in midfield and we'll want to try and control it and then pace and trickery on the flanks to compensate for less flair than usual in midfield.

Why is Rico any different to Walker? Rico hasn’t made any errors that have led to goals this season, where as Walker has a handful already.

Yes, Walker was culpable for both Arsenal goals, although the first was helped by the useless Oliver. He was also brought in to combat Arsenal's threat at set pieces and totally lost Gabriel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.