Newcastle United (A) - Wed 27th Sept, 20:00 | EFL Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope City win every game we play in, personally. None of this 'not bothered' malarky.

Come on blues!

I think we all want City to win every game we play, but we've definitely got bigger priorities this season and based on the number of injuries and the run of games coming it's one we're probably best resting players in to avoid further issues and to give us the best chance of winning our league/CL games.

The fact Pep hasn't called up any of the academy lads, based on who played last night and what he's said, means I think he's overplaying the fatigue to some degree and we'll see a fair amount of changes but possibly be stronger than anticipated. Would be typical Pep to just fuck everyone over and put out a strong 11!

View attachment 94456

This was their team against Sheff utd - only 3 maybe 4 at a push are internationals
Barnes is injured, I think they’ll go strong tonight with a view they have Burnley at home Saturday so could effectively play this team against them (minus barnes). I’d expect isak, tonoli and that scouse kid on wing to come in

The youth we didn't sell played last night so not much chance of that happening. The efl have scheduled in there efl trophy on the same weeks as the caraboo cup I wonder why??

Pep was asked about the youth players in the pre-match interview and I think he was more or less saying the under-18 are not ready, Yes funny that the ELT trophy had to play last night and the major EDS players played,

Pep will NOT gamble on the team tonight and if that means players playing at 50% and just going through the motions then OK let's get it out of the way, The problem I have with asking players just to play within themselves is they are risking injury, Pulling out of a challenge is worst than going in 100% and 9 times out of 10 you come off worst,

Can we play the Ladies

Honestly not too bothered about this. A EFL Cup run can stretch the team and risk more important stuff

Incidentally: I presume in ’68 for that epic final game, they went up on a coach? or the train?
There's a photo somewhere of them celebrating with that nice First Division trophy on the team coach on the way back. Didn't they get stuck in traffic on the A1 with the bus surrounded by joyful City supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.