Newcastle United (A) - Wed 27th Sept, 20:00 | EFL Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh once the game starts i'm sure everyone's attitude will change

The win tonight only adds more trouble for Pep and the club in the long run with the next round and so on.
Look, yes every time that City shirt walks out in a first-team game I want us to win 100% and I hate City losing.

But the FIFA Club trophy is a major tournament for our club and getting our best 11 fit and ready for when that comes along means more than the EFL Cup right now,

all we can ask from the team tonight is Superbia in Proelio and lets see

Surely Newcastle will field a strong team tonight. After all what’s the point of being taken over by rich owners and then not winning a trophy. And this or the FA cup is their best chance.

I

Surely Newcastle will field a strong team tonight. After all what’s the point of being taken over by rich owners and then not winning a trophy. And this or the FA cup is their best chance.

I

100% - I remember that Carling Cup semi against the rags in 09 when Tevez took the piss in the home leg, was wounded when they won the second leg.

Any cup is massive but that first one is special.

I think Pep will go strong tonight and hope we go through.

Always loved this competition since we won it in 76 and it would be great if we could win it in it's last meaningful season...even if we have to play the kids later.

Unfortunately the new Euro Super League mark 2 will kill this competition from next season.

Hopefully the spirit of Dennis will see us through tonight!

View attachment 94455
I have a real soft spot for the LC, this game was the first major trophy I saw us lift in the flesh and for many years especially after John Bond I thought that could well be it.....the rest is history.

Soft spot or not as part of our world domination tour and also prize money we do need to concentrate of the Club Championship even taking into account that the LC would get more press coverage, I couldn't honestly tell you who/when/were the dips, chelsea and rags(?) actually won it.

An hours build up we get tonight for a league cup game.

The shite had half hour. It’s little things like that which will just turn the screw that bit more.

Looking forward to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.