Newcastle United (A) - Wed 27th Sept, 20:00 | EFL Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly disappointing. Our travelling fans deserve to see a team with a chance of winning.
Our traveling fans bought tickets fully aware we are going to field a weakened side. I'm sure every single one that travels tomorrow would be happy seeing the eds and going out if it kept key players fit and fresh to help us retain the trophies currently ours.

Been thinking about how I will tackle the steps this time.
Tried the start off quick and just go for it…that definitely doesn’t work.
Putting your mind elsewhere, like a beach or a favourite memory is good for a few flights then the pain kicks in and reality returns.
Under no circumstances join in a sing song as you rise.Resist.This is important.
Plan tomorrow is to use handrail to take the intense strain off the legs and to stop every three flights and pretend to check my messages.
I’ll be setting off about 7.30 Newcastle time if you want to join me.
Just get in the lift

So we’re apparently having to travel back by coach on a wed night from all the way up there with a 3pm Sat kick off awaiting us.

What the fuck

All the sub players NEED to play, I'd be shocked if we didn't start any of these based on Pep's comments about being fresh for the premier league. My guess is this:

Ortega

Rico
3 defenders who are fit

Phillips
Nunes

Doku
Bobb
Gomez

Haaland

Please rest Alvarez he runs like crazy and played non-stop. Haaland's game is such that he can play 90 mins every game and I don't think he'd be that tired because he doesn't press as crazy as others on the team.

Gomez should be given a chance on the LW again, putting Doku RW.

Rico is guaranteed to start, I put him RB as its more natural for him, and Doku can cut in, but wouldn't be surprised if Pep plays him LB, and plays a defensive player RB.

So we’re apparently having to travel back by coach on a wed night from all the way up there with a 3pm Sat kick off awaiting us.
Coming through the Dales in the storm will be fun. But they'll probably stop for a fry-up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.