Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

A lot more pleasing than the scoreline might suggest.

Excellent recovery from the midweek exertions.

I was hoping some of our younger players might flourish after the big name departures and injuries and Foden certainly stepped up to the plate tonight. A sweet goal from Alvarez too. Palmer back on the bench, unfortunately, but the competition is intense.

Very professional performance especially as they had a difficult game midweek. Pep didn't want to change anything. Ake was available I think but he doesn't want to break the rhythm perhaps? And who could Ake replace anyway?
Grealish tracking back helped enormously. He's maybe been chatting to Bernardo about getting ground covered during a game.
Ederson's long kick out in the 91st minute to Walker was just sublime- as good if not better than anything Onana produced earlier.
Not sure what you mean by Ake breaking the rhythm as he played in Athens?

Delighted with that performance, if big erl had his shooting boots on it would of been 3 or 4 imo , played like the champions we are with huge spirit carrying us through.

Special mention for kova, him and rodders ran the midfield, kova looks like he's been playing for us for ages

No. Because it doesn't work like that. They know we're the ones to beat regardless of where we are by the time we meet them. We've proved it 5 times in the last 6 years. The only advantage at that point would be psychological, but I doubt it would affect this team very much, if at all, especially after what we did last season given how far behind we were at one point. Nobody ever decided the title winners after what, 8 matches?
Don't know why your arguing against someone who want's us to win every game..

"The only advantage at that point would be psychological"

So the point's are irrelevant ?

Clear indication he doesn’t trust the bench. Need numbers. A minimum of 2 signings.
Doesn't mean that at all, in fact it was probably a signal to the board indicating that he wants a couple more players, not that he doesn't trust the bench.

the way we played tonight I thought wow how do you control one of the top 4 clubs and make it look so easy,
nobody could have complained if we got beat tonight but the team and pep were having no of that,

just rewatch it and take it all in again, it's incredible the level Manchester City is at at the moment and its truly magical,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.