Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Well controlled performance tonight. Newcastle were nullified and not many sides will do that when playing them.

Kovacic and Foden were superb all night.

Clean sheet and 3pts, can’t ask for more.

Midfield were outstanding when it would have been understable had they looked sluggish against a very good newcastle midfield. Foden obviously the star and the standout difference maker.

That was a seriously tough test. We made them look a bit average but they aren't, they're a very handy side and to beat them off the back of an exhausting super cup win is seriously impressive and won't get the credit it deserves.

The fact pep made no subs when half the side looked fucked after 70 minutes tells me he doesn't have any real trust in any of our midfield/attacking options on the bench today. We absolutely need to rectify this and bolster the squad asap.

Collectively one of the best team performances I've seen in 2023 from City, Pep has coached a 3-0 there.

Wow the desire and hunger after winning a treble is still there, remarkable mentality.

Thought Phil, Kova, Rodri, Ruben were colossal tonight.

Just home from the game.I thought that was a great game of football. Newcastle made us work hard for that but overall it was a well deserved win.

Our midfield trio were brilliant. Foden has finally found his position (or maybe that should be Pep has found Fodens position). Rodri is pure class and we have ourselves a real gem in Kovacic.

Cant wait to get Stones and Bernie back.

Calvin must be sold and replaced immediately. Sorry to have to say it I don't like knocking our players but it is a waste of a shirt. Rodri is going to get a serious injury if he is to be run into the ground again this season.
Locatelli from Juve would be perfect to replace Phillips...

Just back home, an excellent display by the team.

Bit of fatigue towards the end, but that was expected. Reasonable time added, no subs (Pep a law unto himself), and a over fussy (blind at times) referee.

Always knew Kovacic was an immense player, fuck me he was incredible tonight, laughable how many doubted him and thought it was a poor signing.

Super from Phil too, the goals will come as well.

Well played lads, top performance and now got a nice 8 days to recover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.