Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I’m on hols in Madeira and watched it in a bar amongst a load of Toon fans that were full of an optimism that faded about 8.05 GMT.
I was impressed.Not with them but with our start to the season where we played two weeks longer than anyone else last season then partied and on Wednesday flew for a midweek game and still bossed two opening game banana skins.
Defensively we look solid.Phil has done what we thought he could do and will deputise for the Prince admirably.
Kova I’ve always liked and has slipped in nicely.
I worry about Rodri as he is immense and if he got injured and I worry about the flanks though Walker did brilliantly today.
A solid start to the season given the players we are missing and have left.

Not bad at all. Pretty solid all around job.

Great game by Foden and Julian.

We gotta slap the clowns giving Pep an earful thinking they know better than Pep!

BTW Pep is sending a clear message:

The team is fricking exhausted and he still does not trust Kalvin Philips. If he's not getting time now, what is his role?
Yep my thought exactly on KP. Really cant see any future for him at City.

What a team we are. The most streetwise team we’ve ever had. Not firing on all cylinders but still dealing relatively easily with a very good Newcastle team who will cause the other top 4 teams all kinds of trouble.

Rodri was magnificent, a couple of dodgy errors don’t detract from his all round contribution, Phil was like Maradona - finding pockets, spinning round and dazzling their defence with his dribbling.

Kovacic looks like he’s been here years and you can already tell he’s gonna be an 8/10 every week doing exactly what we need.

The only slight negative was that Gvardiol seemed very left footed, almost to Kolarov levels - he got himself in trouble once or twice coming inside and holding on to it too long trying to find a left foot pass
when a simple right foot pass would have sufficed.

Superb performance. So many positives.

Defence looked solid.

Akanji has to be the most disrespected player in our history. He's brilliant and has saved us time and time again when the team has had injuries in defence.

Gvardiol, so good. Reads the game very well and very good on the ball.

Foden, best player on the pitch.

One negative is the no use of subs. Think Pep was sending a clear message to the board that we need more players. He clearly doesn't trust the lads we have on the bench.

All the pundits who stated Newcastle were a one season wonder are talking nonsense. They're a top side and a much more organised side then the likes of United/Chelsea. They're very hard to beat.

newcastle played some strange tactics apart from kicking us when could get close pope still pissed about nothing said by ref but the main one fall over 2 minutes in and take sting out of the game, the late charge nearly worked for them though

great 3 points but it'll be played down as well city at home

just back in the hotel. Someone decided it was a good time to close the M60.
Not flashy but my god so impressive. Given the bacjground of fatigue and injury, just so impressive. There is no better footballer on the planet than Rodri. Phil and Kova were immense. I am seriously blown away with that performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.