Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Mate, I was seriously shitting myself about this match, & seeing the bench turned my shit to diarrhea!

I honestly didn't expect this exemplary professional performance, considering the team were rinsed on Wednesday.

I can't express how pleased I am with what I saw tonight. Newcastle tore Villa a second arsehole last week, & we basically controlled them like a puppet master.

Considering we're far from our best, & struggling for squad numbers, our opposition must be cacking their y-fronts!

Hopefully our injury situation will ease very soon, & we can seal deals for Paqueta & Doku to release some of the impending squad pressure when the CL, Carabao Cup & international breaks kick in.
Whilst I agree with the post overall......I don't think that's happening.

Foden superb. Impressed with Kovacic as I’ve doubted that he suits us. Feel for Phillips, Rodri was clearly knackered the last 30 minutes and yet Pep still won’t take him off and give Kal a chance. Not good.

Mate, I was seriously shitting myself about this match, & seeing the bench turned my shit to diarrhea!

I honestly didn't expect this exemplary professional performance, considering the team were rinsed on Wednesday.

I can't express how pleased I am with what I saw tonight. Newcastle tore Villa a second arsehole last week, & we basically controlled them like a puppet master.

Considering we're far from our best, & struggling for squad numbers, our opposition must be cacking their y-fronts!

Hopefully our injury situation will ease very soon, & we can seal deals for Paqueta & Doku to release some of the impending squad pressure when the CL, Carabao Cup & international breaks kick in.
you spelt diahorea wrong we where magnificent ctid xxxx

Anyone think the Newcastle fans were different to their usual selves? Just singing one song and no back and forth from them ?

What a team and manager. I honestly expected us to drop points tonight given the Wednesday game, players injured and new ones settling in, what the fuck do I know?
Barcodes dirty bastards, not the first time the "Can do no wrong in the media" Howe has employed those tactics against us, fuck him. One shot on target, wankers.
I know it's ridiculously early in the season but tonight that feels like a huge win. It shows the players are still hungry and will fight to the death to win more. Lovely. Over to the manager.

1-0 Newcastle
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to TNT Sports: "No words. Where we came from, the success after the last gane in Athens, that's the reason why we are a very good team. The talent, how they follow us, still they have the desire to do it.
"To come here against that team everyone saw against Aston Villa it as magnificent.
"The way we played it was more than deserved. Everyone was a top performer.
"Now a long week to rest a little bit and prepare for the future.
"Everyone is fantastic, what can I say? It means a lot to all of us."
On his conversation with a fan: "He said to me 'make a sub', I said come sit here and do it. The game was in a good tempo, a good rhythm. I didn't see the players too tired. It wasn't easy to make the changes so I didn't do it."

"There are no words to express my gratitude for the performance we gave. It was really, really good.

"It is the second game but after what we done in the last season, we are still there.

"We spoke about mentality. The reason we won was about our mentality and we proved it again.

"Phil [Foden] is a reality as a player. He can play many positions. He is a real threat. I am really pleased. The way he behaves with everyone. The mentality is always there. That is the most important thing."

From MOTM Phil:

Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden to BBC Sport: "It was the first game at home. We wanted to start in the right direction. The performance was top. I enjoyed being home. The fans were brilliant from minute one and it lifted us over the line.

"I feel I created quite a few chances for Erland. He was unfortunate not to score. I played more inside. You create more centrally. I'm happy with my performance. I want to keep going in this direction with high standads I set myself.

"Julian, when I see him in training, he's always got this striker's instinct. He's ruthless. I was so happy for him that it went in.

"A player like Kev is so hard to replace. He's one of the best in the world. When you miss a player like that it's a very big blow. When we step up we do the job as well.

"We knew the opponent we were facing, how good they are. They're a fantastic team. They're very physical and seem to win every second ball. The performance was so high."

awesome game, three points and a clean sheet after all the drama, traveling, exhaustion. not in our house mode activated, i love it!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.