Newcastle United (H) | Sat 19th Aug, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the fact we’re not fully fit, having to adapt without Kev, Gundog and Mahrez, and Dias and Stones (pretty much half of last season’s best 11) looking doubtful, we could have done with a Luton / Sheffield Utd type of opponent this week.

These are a CL side and will see this as a free hit so early in the season. If they get a result it’s a massive statement / marker.

Going to be a tough game.

Feels trepedacious.
We look tired and devoid of attacking threat and they just tonked Villa, giving Emery his largest loss in English football.

A win might be a very good result, as it feels like Newcastle might do a Leicester on us!

Fingers and toes crossed for a win and a few happy days off for the lads!

Big day & im still trying to work out where I’m going to park! Ffs

Given the fact we’re not fully fit, having to adapt without Kev, Gundog and Mahrez, and Dias and Stones (pretty much half of last season’s best 11) looking doubtful, we could have done with a Luton / Sheffield Utd type of opponent this week.

These are a CL side and will see this as a free hit so early in the season. If they get a result it’s a massive statement / marker.

Going to be a tough game.

i`m 100% sure Dias starts mate, i also think Bernardo will start.

eddie
walker
akanji
ake
gvadiol
rodri
foden/Alvarez
kovicic/Alvarez
palmer/Foden
Haaland
Grealish

go with Wednesday team but maybe swap one of the AM out with Julie playing Kevs role as creativity behind haaland was poor in Athens and foden on the left if out of the middle (Personally think Palmer need to given a run of games)

Ake and Gvadiol can play LB of LCB so could swap them round and put Josko partnering Akanji if anyone thought we were iffy the gher day but would not myself

eddie
walker
akanji
ake
gvadiol
rodri
foden/Alvarez
kovicic/Alvarez
palmer/Foden
Haaland
Grealish

go with Wednesday team but maybe swap one of the AM out with Julie playing Kevs role as creativity behind haaland was poor in Athens and foden on the left if out of the middle (Personally think Palmer need to given a run of games)

Ake and Gvadiol can play LB of LCB so could swap them round and put Josko partnering Akanji if anyone thought we were iffy the gher day but would not myself
Alvarez isn't good in that am role, we just have to sign someone ASAP who can play there

Newcastle will never have a better chance of ending their dismal record of defeats (and the occasional draw) against us. We're bereft of pace and ideas in the attacking third (if I see Jack Grealish receive the ball out wide and then cut back onto his right foot and play the ball backwards one more time, I may have a seizure), our talismanic striker barely touches the ball (not his fault), and we're vulnerable on the counter all the time. If Newcastle play their cards right - as Brentford, Inter and Sevilla all did - and wedge everyone in behind the ball and then counterattack quickly, they'll have a very good chance of winning. If we manage to get a result today against them, with Gunders, Mahrez, Kev, Stones, Ruben, Bernie all either departed or injured, it'll be some achievement. Really need Foden to step up to the plate today, cos on paper he looks like our only real source of impetus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.