Newcastle United (H) | Sat 19th Aug, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell, thank fuck City have got more spirit and bottle than so many of the posters in this thread. We’ve come through a hell of a lot more adversity under Pep than we are facing today, get a fucking grip, seriously. The transfer forum has been a pathetic flap fest for 2 months, this forum has become a depressive’s paradise, and the fucking match day thread is still 11 hours away.

Happily take a draw, losing a few results this early isn't going to have TOO much of an impact right now

I do think we'll still win, but it is a quick turnaround and early season players are still getting up to speed so this game coming so quick isn't ideal

Winning though would be a huge early statement after Newcastle result at villa

I'd play Foden left and bring in Alvarez down the middle for Jack in what is otherwise unchanged side

Ederson
Walker Akanji Ake Gvardiol
Rodri Kova
Palmer Alvarez Foden
Haaland

Fucking hell, thank fuck City have got more spirit and bottle than so many of the posters in this thread. We’ve come through a hell of a lot more adversity under Pep than we are facing today, get a fucking grip, seriously. The transfer forum has been a pathetic flap fest for 2 months, this forum has become a depressive’s paradise, and the fucking match day thread is still 11 hours away.
Couldn’t agree more. Newcastle really arent all that. Yes they are good progressive team and Eddie Howe will have them well organised but we’re talking about a treble winning team who have the mentality to turn around games when are backs are against the wall for small periods of play.

I’m not worried in the slightest. City win for me no danger.

Newcastle will never have a better chance of ending their dismal record of defeats (and the occasional draw) against us. We're bereft of pace and ideas in the attacking third (if I see Jack Grealish receive the ball out wide and then cut back onto his right foot and play the ball backwards one more time, I may have a seizure), our talismanic striker barely touches the ball (not his fault), and we're vulnerable on the counter all the time. If Newcastle play their cards right - as Brentford, Inter and Sevilla all did - and wedge everyone in behind the ball and then counterattack quickly, they'll have a very good chance of winning. If we manage to get a result today against them, with Gunders, Mahrez, Kev, Stones, Ruben, Bernie all either departed or injured, it'll be some achievement. Really need Foden to step up to the plate today, cos on paper he looks like our only real source of impetus
Rodri has two assists and a goal in the last two games. I think he will surprise us this season. But I get and agree with your sentiment - that is most of the spine missing. We should play a low block, leave Erling just inside our half and then let Eddie have target practice in finding him. ;-)

Newcastle will never have a better chance of ending their dismal record of defeats (and the occasional draw) against us. We're bereft of pace and ideas in the attacking third (if I see Jack Grealish receive the ball out wide and then cut back onto his right foot and play the ball backwards one more time, I may have a seizure), our talismanic striker barely touches the ball (not his fault), and we're vulnerable on the counter all the time. If Newcastle play their cards right - as Brentford, Inter and Sevilla all did - and wedge everyone in behind the ball and then counterattack quickly, they'll have a very good chance of winning. If we manage to get a result today against them, with Gunders, Mahrez, Kev, Stones, Ruben, Bernie all either departed or injured, it'll be some achievement. Really need Foden to step up to the plate today, cos on paper he looks like our only real source of impetus

You need to email Pep straight away to put him right.

Ffs !

Tough game but not worth shitting ourselves over either.

We're still treble winners. They've won piss all and finished behind the rags last season.

Forget all the "Newcastle are the hardest team to play" - based on what? Finishing 4th and a good result last weekend?

We're the hardest team to play and have the trophy count to show for it. Don't forget that.

Init I'm well up for this. Treble winners in the first home game against new title rivals. Lets fucking have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.