Newcastle United (H) | Sat 19th Aug, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell, thank fuck City have got more spirit and bottle than so many of the posters in this thread. We’ve come through a hell of a lot more adversity under Pep than we are facing today, get a fucking grip, seriously. The transfer forum has been a pathetic flap fest for 2 months, this forum has become a depressive’s paradise, and the fucking match day thread is still 11 hours away.
We have a lot of shithouses following us who give up before a ball is kicked.

I’m going to bet that their goalie gets ‘injured’ about 20 minutes in for a time out. And again in the second half. Can see 15 mins added on, unless we’re 1 down.

The crowd need to be in this from the first minute to make Newcastle feel as uncomfortable as possible and give our players confidence.

I‘m sure we’ll oblige.

Happily take a draw, losing a few results this early isn't going to have TOO much of an impact right now

I do think we'll still win, but it is a quick turnaround and early season players are still getting up to speed so this game coming so quick isn't ideal

Winning though would be a huge early statement after Newcastle result at villa

I'd play Foden left and bring in Alvarez down the middle for Jack in what is otherwise unchanged side

Ederson
Walker Akanji Ake Gvardiol
Rodri Kova
Palmer Alvarez Foden
Haaland
Fuck a draw. We're the Champions of England, Europe and playing at the Etihad.

We have a lot of shithouses following us who give up before a ball is kicked.

I think about this subject quite a bit as it's discussed a lot more as we've become successful.
I actually chatted about this last night with an eighty year old Blue who still has a season ticket. We both agreed that while we feel fairly confident in most matches now we can't fully relax until we are 3-0 up. It would be interesting to find out if it's our older fans who are more pessimistic as opposed to fans who've grown up knowing mainly success.

City's odds drifted significantly yesterday and again this morning.

Implied chance of win at Betfair 54%. (from as high as 70%).
Newcastle 22%
Draw 24%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.