Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if any of the press, who have been grinding their axe for City all these years, will have the integrity to point out the obvious differences.
Given some of the biggest Newcastle critics work for a paper that is 1/3 owned by Saudi Arabia I wouldn't hold your breath.

Given some of the biggest Newcastle critics work for a paper that is 1/3 owned by Saudi Arabia I wouldn't hold your breath.
Crap, is that true? Well that makes the shit written about City all these years, even more perplexing. I suppose, the UAE aren't really that close to the Saudi's and the UAE really aren't as interested in Sheikh Mansour's City project as anyone thought(City fans included).

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, with Spurs said to be the chief agitator in lobbying the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight. [ Daily Mail ]

Apparently we and Chelsea aren't in the Revolt. It's the yanks
The "land of free enterprise" loves a cartel stitch-up. Hope the fuckers choke on their bile.

Crap, is that true? Well that makes the shit written about City all these years, even more perplexing.
Well Miguel Delaney works for The Independent and The Indepdent is owned by Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel and a dodgy Russian. It doesn't make what he says about City or Newcastle any more or less true, but it does his make accusations about City or Newcastle fans a little harder to take given that he could walk away from his job today and make more of a direct impact than any of us walking away from our clubs would do. It also makes some of the things about sportswashing a bit dodgy given if I was seeking to tidy up an image of my dodgy country the first thing I'd buy is a newspaper group with editors like George Osbourne and David Cameron's sister in law.

Edit: not saying Delaney is working for anyone or against City, just calling him a bit of a hypocrite.

Big project this, the club is a basket case we were in a far better position then they are, the timeing was better as well. The statement signing of Robinho without any FFP restraints was a master stroke. So, according to calculations they could spend circa £200m without breaking FFP not a lot of money in today’s market with new Geordie tax as well, that might just keep them up. A new manager required as the fans hate Bruce, not many available that would go there in the circumstances. They have to rebuild from top to bottom we had Garry Cooke, Brian Marwood and the executive team so, a good start with a solid foundation The t/o by Shiniwatra was almost a precursor to the real thing which help when it came along. Once they have stayed up they have to start building a squad to match their ambitions, unless they have bought wisely the squad will be bloated with the legacy players and ones they bought to stay up. Ultimately the big factor for us has been Khaldoon, I wonder who their Khaldoon will be?

The statement signing of Robinho without any FFP restraints was a master stroke. So, according to calculations they could spend circa £200m without breaking FFP
Where has this come from? I've seen it repeated a lot over youtube and social media. I couldn't find that figure on Swiss Ramble's twitter write up(might have missed it to be fair).

Is that 200m for the 3 year FFP period or just for the this year?

Their commercial revenue is 29m, Aston Villa and Everton have higher revenues and owners wanting to spend more but they wont be able to spend that much without selling players.

Big project this, the club is a basket case we were in a far better position then they are, the timeing was better as well. The statement signing of Robinho without any FFP restraints was a master stroke. So, according to calculations they could spend circa £200m without breaking FFP not a lot of money in today’s market with new Geordie tax as well, that might just keep them up. A new manager required as the fans hate Bruce, not many available that would go there in the circumstances. They have to rebuild from top to bottom we had Garry Cooke, Brian Marwood and the executive team so, a good start with a solid foundation The t/o by Shiniwatra was almost a precursor to the real thing which help when it came along. Once they have stayed up they have to start building a squad to match their ambitions, unless they have bought wisely the squad will be bloated with the legacy players and ones they bought to stay up. Ultimately the big factor for us has been Khaldoon, I wonder who their Khaldoon will be?

that’s a fair point Kompany, zabba, SWP (day before) Hart, Micah & a few more were already there.

the main point was they all laughed at us saying you can’t just throw money at it expecting it to work & he’ll get bored. None of us really expected a transformation just a bit of hope but due to our incredible success which came from strategy of getting the people who know how to run a club from Barca, it now looks easy.

it hasn’t been easy for anyone else with billions & the Rags have proved the point they made in 2008 that you can’t just throw money at it.

She has delivered a better interview than anyone from our club has done in 12 years. I am not suggesting she should run Manchester City because Khaldoon is hugely impressive. But we have been taken to the cleaners by the media for a decade and it has damaged us reputationally and commercially. We need someone up front defending our image as effectively as she is doing for Newcastle.
An interview however good will not make a blind bit of difference to the Daloonies of the world She won’t be there for long just a front for the t/o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.