Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has this come from? I've seen it repeated a lot over youtube and social media. I couldn't find that figure on Swiss Ramble's twitter write up(might have missed it to be fair).

Is that 200m for the 3 year FFP period or just for the this year?

Their commercial revenue is 29m, Aston Villa and Everton have higher revenues and owners wanting to spend more but they wont be able to spend that much without selling players.
Since Ashley spent little and made no losses then the accumulation of loss of the next year is then spread over three for FFP

YCMIU.

Daily Mail comments section under the.......

Newcastle's Saudi-led takeover has met with fierce opposition from their top-flight rivals in the 24 hours since its completion.

Sportsmail understands Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has tried to stop the consortium bringing in a lucrative sponsor, but he has been told this is a futile pursuit.

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, with Spurs said to be the chief agitator in lobbying the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight.

-----

Joeyredmason, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 5 minutes ago

I'm a scouse Liverpool fan born and bread and Newcastle is a huge club with proper fans made up for them they deserve it they been through tough few years

------

The very same Yank cartel that have been trying to destroy City for the last 10 years.

All this proper club and fans comments from other supporters is OTT.

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, with Spurs said to be the chief agitator in lobbying the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the
Arsenal and Tottenham wont ever see champions league again at this rate. Manure or Pool might get dropped out of top 4. They all have every right to shit their pants at this

Arsenal and Tottenham wont ever see champions league again at this rate. Manure or Pool might get dropped out of top 4. They all have every right to shit their pants at this
FFP negates super owners.

They need to pick their next manager and DoF wisely, otherwise they’ll become a hybrid of Everton and the rags.

Where has this come from? I've seen it repeated a lot over youtube and social media. I couldn't find that figure on Swiss Ramble's twitter write up(might have missed it to be fair).

Is that 200m for the 3 year FFP period or just for the this year?

Their commercial revenue is 29m, Aston Villa and Everton have higher revenues and owners wanting to spend more but they wont be able to spend that much without selling players.

Because they’ve made a profit over the last three years, and spent on the academy which can be excluded, and are allowed to make a loss of £105m over three years = they should be able to spend circa £200m in the next window without breaking ffp.

Presumably they could then spend circa £50-70m (their usual transfer spend plus the allowed loss of £35m) per season on an ongoing basis, plus whatever they can grow the revenue by. But less their increased wage bill. It will take a while to build a squad to compete at the very top if those constraints are real. It’s going to be interesting to see how they go about it.

Do you feel connected to our 'Oil Brothers' ?
No. 5yr project to get to top six might take 10yr. Provincial upstarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.