Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Name those clubs. We know who they are. The corrupt owners at LFC, MUFC, Arsenal, Spurs. The greedy bastards who have fleeced the fans for years. Well it's farewell to them. They have ruled the roost but now the times are changing.
all 19 apparently

Make no mistake, there will be renewed push for Super League now Saudis got in and safe to say Newcastle wont be part of those plans.

This Newcastle takeover will shake up football big time (no i dont mean Newcastle domination, cos in any case that would be years off if ever achieved).

all 19 apparently

Make no mistake, there will be renewed push for Super League now Saudis got in and safe to say Newcastle wont be part of those plans.

This Newcastle takeover will shake up football big time (no i dont mean Newcastle domination, cos in any case that would be years off if ever achieved).

Only the Guardian are reporting this, all the other papers simply quote the Guardian.

I wouldn't take this as rock solid fact.

all 19 apparently

Probably because the only way for this Saudi takeover to work is by them totally blowing the transfer market to bits. The pool of elite footballers has shrunk and most are already at big clubs. If they were to go for a Son, for instance, they'd have to pay north of 150m. Imagine how much actually creating an elite squad will cost right now.

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, with Spurs said to be the chief agitator in lobbying the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight. [ Daily Mail ]

Apparently we and Chelsea aren't in the Revolt. It's the yanks

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, with Spurs said to be the chief agitator in lobbying the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight. [ Daily Mail ]

I don't think anybody actually wanted the takeover to happen, City included. The potential effects of hyperinflation could be damaging to alot of clubs.

The Americans are absolutely hell-bent on creating a closed shop that produces dividends or capital appreciation with little effort and little risk.

The CMA will be all over them if this continues.

Well there’s a fucking surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.