Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they’re not City mk II then.

Mansour came in with a plan and has the best in the business running City from behind the scenes, specifically putting people who know the game in charge of the club.

Newcastle have this air head who knows absolutely nothing about football.

This comment alone means I’m not worried about them, even long term.
Amanda is no air head, but she knows nowt about running a football club. First rule in her situation: keep your mouth shut.

Amanda is no air head, but she knows nowt about running a football club. First rule in her situation: keep your mouth shut.
I did mean in the context of football she’s an air head.

She’s obviously a very successful person in business.

Money definitely does not guarantee success in football. You only have to look at our neighbours. The biggest wage bill in England by a country mile and they're absolute dogshit and in total disarray.

I doubt you can hope to win success at the top level these days without very serious investment. But you also need 1. Highly competent employees. 2. An effective management structure on and off the field 3. Excellent training facilities. (City has all these in spades.) You also need time to build from whatever base you are at. (Newcastle are at near-relegation level). Finally, you need an element of luck. (A lot depends on what other teams are doing. Leicester, for example, won the title in a season when for one reason or another, everyone else was a bit off and the nearest rival was fucking Spurs.)

So they’re not City mk II then.

Mansour came in with a plan and has the best in the business running City from behind the scenes, specifically putting people who know the game in charge of the club.

Newcastle have this air head who knows absolutely nothing about football.

This comment alone means I’m not worried about them, even long term.

can't buy me love they sing.. money can't buy me love

spending millions will only get you so far and the wrong players that are there for the money not the hard yard
mancini had the job of nightmares at manchester city a squad with so many mercenaries that did not fancy training hard and just wanted getting paid and hate being told the truth.

newcastle will find out very quickly if they spend big and buy loads of players in the jan windows that so called superstars don't really care as long they are getting a good wage on a 3 to 5 years contract.
also they will also find selling clubs will hype the price of a player and £50million will get you nothing special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.