Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, every PL club should have complained when Masters was basically appointed by United and Liverpool. Every other PL club should be paying close attention to the next Chairman appointment. Especially after the ESL stunt that those clubs spearheaded.

How is it that two clubs are making decisions that could potentially affect every club? When all clubs are supposed to have an equal say in the PL, from a legal standpoint.

It's odd like they voted for ffp even though it as good as condemns them to a future of being also rans.

It's odd like they voted for ffp even though it as good as condemns them to a future of being also rans.

I suspect that the reasoning is that the owners of even a lower-level PL club have access to huge amounts of money and are reluctant to upset the status quo.

Apart from the obvious dividends there's a fortune to be made in off-books arrangements around transfers, commercial deals with sponsors as well as the kudos if you are an egotist like Simon Jordan.

Other clubs like Wigan or Reading (who abstained) which enabled FFP to pass may have felt that it was better to suck up to the big boys and, who knows, may have received inducements in some form. Those clubs would also know that there was precious little chance of their clubs being taken over by billionaires.

Aston Villa, a club who might have been a decent bet for a takeover voted against. Randy Lerner couldn't offload the club and, I believe, made a loss on it when he sold it in 2016. I bet he regrets his timing now given the proliferation of American owners and what that looks like inflicting on the sport.

Last edited:
The article suggests he's was actively involved in the selection process for the new manager. If true then it's hardly gardening leave.
The article also suggests that Staveley's husband was involved. He is a money man, shades of Woodward, and the question is his standing in the club. Is he a shareholder? Will he become the CEO? They need an experienced DoF, and quickly.

The article also suggests that Staveley's husband was involved. He is a money man, shades of Woodward, and the question is his standing in the club. Is he a shareholder? Will he become the CEO? They need an experienced DoF, and quickly.
Yeah, it raises more questions than answers.
Could be a long hard road for the Barcodes, despite the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.