Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
difference is that Santa Cruz was actually a very decent striker till he came to us and got injured.
This wood player is bang average and 30 years old…

so far they have signed…
Trippier age 31 for 12 mill (plus add one)
And wood age 30 for 25 mill

they have blown 37 million on two players with a combined age of 61.
Hardly building for the future at the minute
Rocky came to us already injured.

I understand that Wood will have done it to earn more dosh but, having to feed on scraps season in season out, knowing that you won't get many chances and wondering if you are better than that, and the potential opportunity to prove it, had an influence.
It won't be the last time Toons arab owners piss off american ones, either.

Probably fairly sensible moves by Newcastle. The target isn't stellar signings, it's safety. These won't break the bank and have some use if they do go down, but as others point out will never get them into Europe.

For woods it's whether he want to trade a better chance of premier league safety (Burnley have 2 games in hand level on points with Newcastle) for a bigger wage and bigger supporter base.

I'm sure he will, given that if they do stay up then next season top half has to be the target and if any English player is scoring in a top ten premier league team then Southgate will take a look.

Have some self awareness. This sounds like the sort of thing you’d read on RAWK about us.
It’s all about opinions mate, if we all agree on everything how boring would the forum be, don’t need self awareness, I think it’s a cunts trick what NUFC have done regardless of release clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.