Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is their version of Mark Hughes being in charge of us, when we first got the dosh.
That is how I see it

Hughes was not able grasp the scale of the opportunity that the new owners gave him - just had limited scope of ideas - hence his obsession with Santa Cruz.

I appreciate that the focus for Newcastle will be in securing players that can keep them in the premiership - even if it is just 17th. They then need to plan big for the summer transfer window - and Howe needs to be more visionary than Hughes was

i personally think the woods signing will keep them up,they've got a big lad to get on the end of crosses, with that tricky fucker on one side and trippier on the other they will be banging the crosses in, also weakens burnley, i would get a midfielder who arrives late in the box for knock downs, woods is a decent player, he will do the job newcastle want him to do, when wilson comes back ,woods and wilson will cause trouble for a lot of clubs

They can’t, that’s the point.

They can. It is only enforceable by the player e.g. Chris Wood with legal action.

See Arsenal's bid for Suarez.

Although it wouldn't make practical sense unless they already had a replacement in the squad (for goals/knock-downs), to keep a demotivated and pissed-off player.

It must be a bit wounding if you follow Newcastle. You get sold the vision of rich owners who will splash the cash and can sign anyone they like and you end up with Chris Wood!

I had a quick look on one of their forums last night and there are some on there trying to convince themselves it's a good signing and anyone who doesn't agree is spoilt. Others aren't that impressed. It's a bit like on here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.