Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will get an easier ride than us tbh

I think the media have backed themselves into a corner with us and don’t know how to get out

they know they need another favourite to back because they can’t rely on the red shirt clubs to win it every year and they can’t suddenly change tack with us despite having Pep and some of the best players in the world

Newcastle will be described as “an exciting project” and “long overdue success for the loyal fans”

That's Geordies for you a bit over emotional like the victims. The most loyal and passionate fans in the world in a one team City, well if taking your top off in winter and constantly singing Geordies counts for passion. Melt away when they drop a division though.
It’s a different City to most in the UK football wise. When I was up there a couple of days a week in the 90’s you’d only ever see fans wearing Newcastle shirts, no Dippers, no Rags as in the rest of the country. Newcastle was staunch black and white, Sunderland dyed in the wool red and white.

There was a cross over in Durham and the surrounding areas with fans from the Tees region being mostly Boro but a fair few Newcastle and Sunderland. I’m not sure they can increase casual support that much, the infrastructure is not great and the catchment area is relatively sparse.

They’re not going to get many supporters from North Yorkshire or further South, they do have fans in Cumbria but again it’s not a huge hub for Newcastle supporters. Their fans based in the Metropolitan area will always stick by their club, it may take a while for them to attract new supporters, will be an interesting project, one that will be far tougher than the journey we took.

It'll be a slow process for them. Our success started relatively quick. I think the stumbling block for them attracting the top bracket players will be their location.

Talk of them spending 200 million but that only gets you four average players these days

In the short term Newcastle will get less bad press then we currently do, because they are not contenders and challenging for trophies.
I'm not sure that's true. No one knew much about the UAE/Abu Dhabi in 2008 and it was only around 2013 that the human rights/sportswashing shit started.

But the Saudis are big news now and have been for a while, largely because of their very conservative social policies and particularly for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

Only so many good players to go around. They have to push lard arse out first. Hard to get anyone good in come Jan. So they could be starting from the Championship

It'll be a slow process for them. Our success started relatively quick. I think the stumbling block for them attracting the top bracket players will be their location.
very true, living in Newcastle is like living in a goldfish bowl for a PL footballer, a very small city centre, surrounded by suburbs and then nice countryside. Not very cosmopolitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.