Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in Durham between 2004 to 2009. There are a few rags and dippers fans there. In fact in my office alone there were two rags and a dipper all from up there. On my first day they asked me immediately who I supported. I replied that I would let them guess. They replied you are a City fan aren’t you? They could’nt say owt. The rags fans had never been to the swamp. They had a supporters club in Peterlee.
I travel from Leeds a lot by train. Last week Manchester Utd played Villareal and I got an evening train from Leeds to Manchester. It really p'ssed me off the number of Man Utd fans that came from West Yorkshire: Leeds, Dewsbury, Huddersfield. 100s of the rats. Leeds is not Newcastle of course but I am beginning to think that the only area that is really Man Utd free is Merseyside and South Manchester.

Football clubs are built over generations not over a decade and so it's going to take ages for city to build the national fanbase that Man Utd have.

I lived in Durham between 2004 to 2009. There are a few rags and dippers fans there. In fact in my office alone there were two rags and a dipper all from up there. On my first day they asked me immediately who I supported. I replied that I would let them guess. They replied you are a City fan aren’t you? They could’nt say owt. The rags fans had never been to the swamp. They had a supporters club in Peterlee.
It was around 92 - 99 when I spent time up there, mid 90’s were the Keegan era. I can honestly say I only ever saw one dipper shirt wearer in that time. The kids used to turn out in huge numbers at the Newcastle training sessions (out in the countryside at the time) during the school holidays. As I said Durham was a bit of a cross over, I’m not surprised they have itinerant fans or glory hunters as I like to call them.

How will the takeover actually work I mean 9
Clubs don’t go into 4 plus what about FFP
Everton and Arsenal have been trying to throw money at it for the last few years and getting nowhere.

This feels like a strategic move though. It makes a lot of sense for a pension fund to buy a down and out football club because with investment it could soar in value. See City. City though did sneak in before Man Utd and Liverpool put in place the FFP portculis

And so it begins......the first player to say come and get me......step forward Pinocchio

Jesse Lingard says he needs "regular football" if he is to achieve his ambition of playing for England at the 2022 World Cup.

The Manchester United forward has played 45 minutes of Premier League football so far this season, coming off the bench on three occasions

Perfect club to offload some of our shit too initially. Will be that first stepping stone for them in improvement and might see us actually make some decent money. Happy there’s another challenger, one I don’t mind unlike the current bunch of wankers.

And so it begins......the first player to say come and get me......step forward Pinocchio

Jesse Lingard says he needs "regular football" if he is to achieve his ambition of playing for England at the 2022 World Cup.

The Manchester United forward has played 45 minutes of Premier League football so far this season, coming off the bench on three occasions
Exactly the level of player they will be looking at. For him though, should the move be an option, he'd prefer going back to the 'Ammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.