Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I s
In the short term Newcastle will get less bad press then we currently do, because they are not contenders and challenging for trophies. But let's make no mistake, in a few years time Newcastle will be a serious contender for trophies. Good for them.

It'll make it harder for everyone to succeed and will increase the price of top end players. This will put more pressure on the 'history clubs' whose owners are in it to bleed the fans dry.

For us it is likely result in either less comments about sportswashing or at least another club to be included which will reduce the focus on just us.

However, this will not stop the hatred for everything blue.
I suspect a closed shop super league or something along them lines might be an answer for the old guard

I'm not sure that's true. No one knew much about the UAE/Abu Dhabi in 2008 and it was only around 2013 that the human rights/sportswashing shit started.

But the Saudis are big news now and have been for a while, largely because of their very conservative social policies and particularly for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.
Bruce will be hoping he’s sacked by text, not a face to face meeting. Would need more than one bin bag

very true, living in Newcastle is like living in a goldfish bowl for a PL footballer, a very small city centre, surrounded by suburbs and then nice countryside. Not very cosmopolitan.
We are lucky to have our club where it is. Manchester, London and Liverpool. Those cities can and always will attract the top players in the world.

I just can't see those players wanting to go and live in Newcastle. Can see someone like Tony Marshall off of the rags going there as their star signing. Good, but not quite good enough. Sulking his way through games because one of the Longstaff Bros. haven't got their pass to him just right.

I s

I suspect a closed shop super league or something along them lines might be an answer for the old guard
what the clubs who want the european super league should do is turn the premier league into the ESL.

top 6 plus newcastle, villa, everton, west ham maybe 1 or 2 more, kick out the smaller clubs and invite 5-10 european heavyweights into into it.

I s

There were some talks that the Saudis were financing the ESL project. I think it was the trustworthy, Spiegel, that reported it. They won't be left out of any new attempt.

It’s a different City to most in the UK football wise. When I was up there a couple of days a week in the 90’s you’d only ever see fans wearing Newcastle shirts, no Dippers, no Rags as in the rest of the country. Newcastle was staunch black and white, Sunderland dyed in the wool red and white.

There was a cross over in Durham and the surrounding areas with fans from the Tees region being mostly Boro but a fair few Newcastle and Sunderland. I’m not sure they can increase casual support that much, the infrastructure is not great and the catchment area is relatively sparse.

They’re not going to get many supporters from North Yorkshire or further South, they do have fans in Cumbria but again it’s not a huge hub for Newcastle supporters. Their fans based in the Metropolitan area will always stick by their club, it may take a while for them to attract new supporters, will be an interesting project, one that will be far tougher than the journey we took.
I lived in Durham between 2004 to 2009. There are a few rags and dippers fans there. In fact in my office alone there were two rags and a dipper all from up there. On my first day they asked me immediately who I supported. I replied that I would let them guess. They replied you are a City fan aren’t you? They could’nt say owt. The rags fans had never been to the swamp. They had a supporters club in Peterlee.

Throw enough money at it and it kind of guarantees trophies. It doesn't guarantee dominance of course because there are other clubs with lots of money of their own and who are already established. It will definitely be a lot harder for Newcastle than it was for Chelsea and City, but they'll be in and amongst the top of the league within 5 years I think, if the Saudis spend like Abramovich and Sh Mansoor did.
It hasn't worked for Man Utd, Everton or Arsenal. Eventually it will.

It will be interesting to see if they really do invest on the scale expected. The Premier League rules will be a problem. I think it will be good for English football. I am not really welcoming it as a City fan. Newcastle could in time potentially threaten the top 6 clubs. I am not sure I accept the argument that City have an ally now against Liverpool and Man Utd. All that will happen is that they will open up a new front of state wealth vs 'legacy'. Somehow over the last 12 months, Sheikh Mansour has morphed into the UAE state.

The racism from the media is annoying. The head of the British state is after all Her Majesty the Queen, and none of these xenophobes and human rights campaigners bat an eyelid when the Three Lions are playing.

How will the takeover actually work I mean 9
Clubs don’t go into 4 plus what about FFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.