Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see the general feeling on social media is that Newcastle deserve it because they're a proper club with proper fans. Seem to remember fans saying similar stuff about us at the point we got taken over. As soon as they start winning stuff they'll be loathed. Their supporters have been as bad as any with the "where were you when you were shit" vibe, I can't wait for their supporters having to put up with being called plastics and glory hunters and for them to be referred to as Oilcastle United. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Anyone thinking “Toon” will be held in the contempt by the media as City should think again. Toon are a “sleeping giant” who “deserve” to be at the top table, all the faux outrage at human rights abuse will disappear overnight, the shit thrown at City is simply because we should know our place, the script is Man Utd are the famous Manchester team, City are a joke club with no fans. Now the red Yankee gang may be a bit pissed off, but don’t expect the decade plus hate campaign we have had.

Interesting to see the general feeling on social media is that Newcastle deserve it because they're a proper club with proper fans. Seem to remember fans saying similar stuff about us at the point we got taken over. As soon as they start winning stuff they'll be loathed. Their supporters have been as bad as any with the "where were you when you were shit" vibe, I can't wait for their supporters having to put up with being called plastics and glory hunters and for them to be referred to as Oilcastle United. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
“Yes they deserve it because they have an istree of trophies and lots of fans unlike Citeh”. “City have won more trophies in their istree than Newcastle and averaged higher crowds for many years” “F off you bitter blue plastic”

Always have liked the Geordies and they deserve much better than Fat Ashley. Also happy it's not the Rags or the Dippers. From a City perspective, probably not as good though, but if it means one less red team in top 4, I'm all for it. We also have a huge infrastructure in place that is not easily copied. All CFG clubs etc.

Never had any problem with Newcastle, were always an inoffensive club growing up and they at least threatened to challenge the scum.

Their fans over the last decade though can be perfectly described as your stereotypical sun reading armchair fan who gets 90% of their football information from social media. They spew out every single cliche under the sun and not just in reference to us.

Would have no issue with them becoming a threat at the top, much rather see them in the top 4 than Liverpool/United or spurs/arsenal behind them. however, I don't see that happening. Even if this takeover happens and they are willing to pump in as much cash as possible, they'll take a decade to get to the level an Everton are currently at.

the gap is too big at the top now and the limitations too high for anybody to quickly become a force anymore like city and Chelsea did. The funniest thing is, they voted for it.

You’re right. At the moment they will be lauded and proclaimed as the most deserving fans in the country with no doubt a few very transparent digs thrown in our direction

this is because the yank red clubs and their fawning media don’t see them as a threat yet and fans of other clubs don’t see lovely twinkling trophies and medals to get all jealous and envious about

that will change if the owners manage to do what our fabulous owners have achieved. It will be a damn sight harder because there’s many obstacles in place that were only invented to stop us

but if they do, NUFC and their fans will be slandered, disrespected, obstructed and lied about in every way we have been and still are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.