Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That confirms what they were saying on Radio 4 a couple of days ago. They were suggesting the Saudi’s had put pressure on the UK Government to get the deal over the line, intimating the Trade Deals between the two parties could suffer if the takeover was blocked. I wonder if Boris had any direct involvement.

I have always liked Newcastle as a club, they was my go too club when playing fifa and trying to make them an elite club (I play realistic career modes lol)

but it will be 10 times harder for them than it was for us in 2008, clubs are allot more richer now like Everton, Leicester so teams like these don’t need to sell players anymore like we used to cherry pick in 2009/2010. On top of that they then have to deal with FFP which is going to restrict them massively.
Of course over time they will become an established top 6 club but it could take 10 years just to do this. It’s funny seeing there fans getting giddy expecting messi/Neymar/ salah to join them next season.
The media are actuelly reporting these stories too, I honestly feel like they are trolling Newcastle fans just to see them ‘fail’ next season when they sign someone like Ishmael sarr instead of messi next year.

let’s be honest aswell city fans. We was very lucky to also sign a core/spine of yaya / kompany / silva / aguero to have a team to build around for 10 years of success. Even now as one of the elite clubs we are struggling to replicate these sort of transfers.
So tbh I can see It taking a while for Newcastle to win the league. It’s great news for city though as we are no longer the bad guys of football.

The thing is though the UAE has a better image globally than the Saudis and has positioned itself as a tourist hotspot globally acceptable partner, while SA is still seen as repressive and restrictive, even though if honest in Yemen at least both are as big a bastard as each other.

The outcry over this will will be on a par if not bigger than about us, hence why the prem and club insist there isn't any ownership from the state involved, but articles are already being written about human rights, sportwashing, geordies losing their soul etc.

One thing that is annoying though is in said articles the mantra about it being independently owened is pushed while still calling us state owned
The sovereign fund has invested in major companies around the world, including prominent banks and arms producers. They have successfully spread influence and 'sport-washed' already before this purchase. The CEO's of these companies were going to attend the coming out party of the heir apparent before the acid bath. I don't see these companies being boycotted.

Living near Newcastle and I can tell you that the weather is chillier than the North West but way sunnier. You also have beaches and countryside to die for.
Not many world class players are party animals. Not all are looking for a stream of wild parties (Kyle Walker aside). The quality of life up here is superb if you can stand the Geordies (I married one and still can't stand the fkrs)

The sovereign fund has invested in major companies around the world, including prominent banks and arms producers. They have successfully spread influence and 'sport-washed' already before this purchase. The CEO's of these companies were going to attend the coming out party of the heir apparent before the acid bath. I don't see these companies being boycotted.

No they won't.

The anti-owner sentiment will be from our press and the social media zombies, no normal person actually gives a shit what goes on a newcastle, or us or any other company owned by rich wankers who abuse power and people, as that is most companies/countries

Living near Newcastle and I can tell you that the weather is chillier than the North West but way sunnier. You also have beaches and countryside to die for.
Not many world class players are party animals. Not all are looking for a stream of wild parties (Kyle Walker aside). The quality of life up here is superb if you can stand the Geordies (I married one and still can't stand the fkrs)

Also if mbappe doesn't want to live there then there is 2 flights a day form paris to newcastle ;-)

I have always liked Newcastle as a club, they was my go too club when playing fifa and trying to make them an elite club (I play realistic career modes lol)

but it will be 10 times harder for them than it was for us in 2008, clubs are allot more richer now like Everton, Leicester so teams like these don’t need to sell players anymore like we used to cherry pick in 2009/2010. On top of that they then have to deal with FFP which is going to restrict them massively.
Of course over time they will become an established top 6 club but it could take 10 years just to do this. It’s funny seeing there fans getting giddy expecting messi/Neymar/ salah to join them next season.
The media are actuelly reporting these stories too, I honestly feel like they are trolling Newcastle fans just to see them ‘fail’ next season when they sign someone like Ishmael sarr instead of messi next year.

let’s be honest aswell city fans. We was very lucky to also sign a core/spine of yaya / kompany / silva / aguero to have a team to build around for 10 years of success. Even now as one of the elite clubs we are struggling to replicate these sort of transfers.
So tbh I can see It taking a while for Newcastle to win the league. It’s great news for city though as we are no longer the bad guys of football.

Mancini has an eye for a player if he has the money..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.