Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I’ve noticed when people are banding about names they might go for, is comments like ‘he won’t go there. He’ll end up at a R Madrid or Manchester City’.

A sign of how far we’ve come, where and who we are and the huge journey ahead for Newcastle if they’re going to ever be where we are.

Well it is only a ten year journey really and Pep plays a huge factor in that. Without Pep at the club I think City's pull of the top players is reduced significantly. Fortunately he has taken us to another level and our owners will always be smart enough to balance transfer market expenditure with academy investment, but Real Madrid remain in a bracket far far above most other clubs.

There wont be many players out there now outside of Manchester who have dreamt of putting the City shirt on since being a kid. There are plenty that want to play for Pep though. And there will be plenty that are happy with big wages!

Talks about us from ten minutes in

20:15 in sums it up. He says fuck the big 6, just like we’ve been saying over the years, fuck the big teams at the top. He’s been to thick to realise that Chelsea and City have been good for English football. Once Newcastle get up to speed and ready for a challenge, our league will be the most competitive in the world by quite a distance. Potentially five teams going into a season with a realistic chance of winning the title (hopefully Ole stays at United and makes that four teams).

It does make me laugh how right we’ve all been over the years. I’ve always called the haters jealous of our success and this **** back tracking is the finest example of it. Any football fan would love to be in our position, we haven’t sold our soul or any of that bollocks. We’re watching the best football we’ve ever seen with some world class footballers playing for us. Imagine not wanting this.

I think their getting to the Europa League level will be difficult. They will be in a mini league of five or six teams to fight for two places. Top four at the moment is a more certain mini league. They will have to work with Mendes, Pogba's agent or someone else to bring along a stable of players. From there, the rise will be meteoric.
I have never really understood this phrase. Surely meteors come down not go up?

"I'd absolutely love it"

If Newcastle manage to achieve what we have achieved it'll be great.

Imagine a premier league where the rags and dippers can only dream of finishing above either of us and falling over themselves in a desperate attempt to remain relevant.

As long as the red top vermin are kept in their place and are left pining for those golden years I'll be more than happy.
Exactly my thoughts

Anything that fucks up the rags and the dippers should be supported

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, with Spurs said to be the chief agitator in lobbying the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight. [ Daily Mail ]

Apparently we and Chelsea aren't in the Revolt. It's the yanks
Of course it is, mate. Nobody complains when American scavengers come in to pick the bones from prominent PL clubs, or even mid-table clubs like Burnley, but as soon as they come from the East of the UK then there’s uproar.

This is not about human rights as nobody really gives a fuck in this country, that’s why we have such a government, it’s all about the thought of ’Skys Champions’ having another competitor to deal with while taking more and more money out of their club’s.

This might have already been asked
What is the relationship like between our owners and theirs?
Would there be any needle when we play them or will our owners be quite happy with the Saudis coming in ?

Still no reply to why now. Why not property, why not arms, why not horse riding, why not formula one. Absolute silence on that one.
Couple of political journalists I respected have weighed in too, not interested in sports and asked the same question, no reply.
I'm sorry people are suffering in some countries but they could start with here, so could Amnesty.

Of course it is, mate. Nobody complains when American scavengers come in to pick the bones from prominent PL clubs, or even mid-table clubs like Burnley, but as soon as they come from the East of the UK then there’s uproar.

This is not about human rights as nobody really gives a fuck in this country, that’s why we have such a government, it’s all about the thought of ’Skys Champions’ having another competitor to deal with while taking more and more money out of their club’s.

Absolutely it is, no surprise to read this.

I mentioned earlier that this takeover will piss off the yanks, especially FSG.

Fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.