Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is your last para which shows that you do not really understand what has been going on. It is not just about keeping manyoo down but about all the US based red shirts, that is MUFC, LFC, ARSENAL FC. Oh, and to a lesser extent certain others such as, er, Spurs.
The three red shirts have plotted against us non stop ever since it became clear that we threatened their cosy little top three club.

1.The American sports model is based on the owners making a handy profit from a league which does not have relegation so they are safe from the phenomenon of poor performance on the field leading to poor financial performance or even disaster.
2. A permanent place in the top four is a permanent place in the Champs league with increased revenues from fans, sponsors, TV, and prize money. Last season City earned £80m in prize money from the CL alone.
3. In order to preserve this, the American red shirts took part in the disgraceful blackmail of UEFA. UEFA proposed FPP partly to stop us but crucially the proposals included limits on debt. G14 refused to accept this and said they would leave the CL and set up their own comp. UEFA caved in and FFP was based on income alone. Handy for man u and Arsenal with huge debts on their books. No problem, however, for City as our then owner had a plan to spend upfront, establish the club as in a higher echelon, and then run the club on a sustainable debt free basis, having swopped the debt to him for equity. The equity swop enabled Mansour to reverse City into the ownership of ADUG, and thence into CFG .
This is exactly what happened. Panic from the red shirts. Lots of cosy lunches plotting how they would fend off CITY.
By coincidence, or design there then occurred the Spiegel email leaks. The red shirts built a whole case on this saying our accounts were a sham, and the true source of our income was the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, directly or thru fake sponsorships. They nobbled certain members of Uefa and set about a major campaign to get other PL clubs, the English press and some European clubs onside. This all but succeeded, City were found guilty of breaking the regulations, fined a fortune and chucked out of the Champs league. Naturally we appealed. Liverpool immediately organised a letter to UEFA saying we should be banned before the appeal was heard. NINE PL clubs, including Spurs, signed this letter. Nine clubs who don't believe in due process.
CAS heard the case and concluded:
1. There was NO EVIDENCE that we broke regulations. They stated this no less than 12 times in their judgement.
2. The idea that our audited accounts were not a true and fair record was just not credible.
3,The emails, cobbled together from thousands and made to look as though they were connected were dismissed as having no probitive value.
4. And in the interim case, CAS said that City could not possibly get a fair hearing from the investigatory chamber while M. Leterme was in the chair. (Wonder why they said that?!)

Despite the CAS final judgement, the press and the red shirts continue to repeat the lies. Only this week Klopp repeated that we were a state owned club. The press continue to belittle Pep's achievements "well anyone with unlimited resources could do that" Psst...We obey FFP. The Grauniad have now suggested that we bribed CAS and got off on a technicality.
Liverpool have now tried the PL regs route. This will fail.
I have left out the army of internet bots put into the field by the red shirts to spread their poison, the fact that Liverpool hacked our systems (allegedly!!), the Liverpool and Manu supporting writers who tweet anti City, anti Arab slogans weekly, the strange alliance of Qatr and a fake Indian media organization, and much more).
So, @BobbyBoy, it is quite understandable that we welcome anything that discumknockerates the red shirts and their gutless allies.
I'm a long term browser on here, I was aware of most of that but it doesn't change my point, City as a club and you as fans will eventually suffer here. Your club is now fully self sustainable but you need success to maintain current levels. You get Pep's replacement wrong and it won't take much for you to be where Spurs are now.

Why can't you separate a clubs and its fans from its owners? How many Spurs fans do you think only want to participate? Only want to make Levy rich? All we have is what fans of 99% of clubs have and that's dreams, however unrealistic they are they are the reason we're still here. If Newcastle are allowed unleash those funds even the most romantic of fans will just give up. The dream has changed from building great side to hoping a billionaire takes a shine to you.

I'd like to think that the ESL showed that behind the banter/abuse most fans are the same and want the same thing and it's not this.
so you wouldn't want an owner that wanted to win stuff ?, your owner doesn't seem to give a fuck as long as levy is coining it in, why would any football fan want newcastle to fail, them becoming wealthy will enhance the premier league, make the league stronger , imagine a modern day kevin keegan newcastle, whats not to like, your scared of the competition , your fans seem to think for some reason your an elite club, back in the day probably, welcome to the new world.

I'm a long term browser on here, I was aware of most of that but it doesn't change my point, City as a club and you as fans will eventually suffer here. Your club is now fully self sustainable but you need success to maintain current levels. You get Pep's replacement wrong and it won't take much for you to be where Spurs are now.
This doesn't change anything. Before, we were open to failure after Pep just as we are after this.
The propaganda that we raised tfr fees and wages is just that. Compare us to man u. We don't outspend them.
We don't fear failure, it used to be our middle name. Where we we when we were shit? Here mate, here.

and we'll still support our club and not get games postpond because were not winning and screaming it's not fair

Another "everyone's second club" s reviled.
I seem to remember it taking a lot longer than a week in our case

Maybe cos nobody really had any idea how our takeover was going to pan out. Now we've achieved success beyond what anybody really could see happening, other clubs are shitting it as they know that Newcastle could quite realistically do the same and push them further down the pecking order

This doesn't change anything. Before, we were open to failure after Pep just as we are after this.
The propaganda that we raised tfr fees and wages is just that. Compare us to man u. We don't outspend them.
We don't fear failure, it used to be our middle name. Where we we when we were shit? Here mate, here.
And we will be here again mate

To the misguided Spurs fan.

This notion of City fans falling for this ploy of: "Side with us on this or we will never accept your ownership is private" is entirely misplaced. Who would try and reason with people who've been in denial about it for over 10 years? As if they are going to admit they were being bitter self serving elitists. The fact is, City are privately owned, people unwilling to accept the reality of that won't change it.

City fans are not in support of the Saudi ownership itself(why would they be?) but if Qatar can own a club, why can't Saudi? City fans are more against the cartel clubs trying to create a closed shop to protect their monopolies, than they are in support of Newcastle.

It's not a bad thing to create rules to make the league more competitive, just as long as that's what the true intention is. Just as much emphasis then, must be placed on guarding against protectionist laws being placed into the game by clubs with too much power. That's what FFP was hijacked for and then turned into.

In Richard Schadamore's words, he said a stronger United was better for the PL. "We don't want City winning next year". The league was way less competitive, top to bottom in United's golden era. He was fine with that. Chelsea made it more competitive and City made it more competitive still. The PL ruined English football in many ways, the creation of superclubs in that era was not a good thing for the competitiveness of the topflight. The big sly 3 were out of reach of most clubs by the 00s.

There has to be a path for clubs with owners wanting to invest, to bridge the gap that now exists to the top clubs in the PL. Not special rules created for certain clubs or certain owners. When that's what is happening, then it's clearly far less about maintaining "a level playing field" than it is certain powerful clubs trying to protect their status.

Last edited:
Of course you overpaid and raised wages, why would Yaya Toure or Robinho join a club who's middle name was failure? Newcastle will be have to pay the likes of Declan Rice 50% more than Chelsea or yourselves and that will remain the case until they are established in the CL. Once the initial investment is made they will start working on recouping their money and making a profit, someone has to pay for that.

I think Newcastle are firstly a long way from winning their first PL title and even further from making it a big 7. In my opinion, it took City about 10 years to get to the point of being considered just part of the big 6. Which is a club that can compete on and off the field with the likes of United and Liverpool and do it consistently. Is 10 years really too fast of a transition, considering how much investment and hard work it took?

United went from no title in 26 years, to winning 2 back to back titles in the first 5 years of the PL and capped off the first 9 years with 3 in a row(that's 7 of the first 9 titles with just one name on the title). They transitioned from a club well in Liverpool's shadow, to "the biggest club in the world" in just 8 years by some accounts. City have yet to overtake Liverpool, United or even Arsenal and they are trying to make out what they've done is unnaturally fast/not organic? It just doesn't make sense because the people who say these things are not being rational or reasonable. They are just afraid of the competition and don't want other clubs to have their time at the top.

In the time City have transitioned, the league itself has grown, lots of clubs have money and rich owners of their own. FFP and FMV rules are in place in advance of any investment Newcastle's owners want to make and the clubs with American owners and those like them, who are in it to skim profits, will continue to try and throw up road blocks to slow them down. I don't know what anyone else thinks but I personally think it might take double the time it took City to win their first PL title(6-7 years), the same goes for making it a big 7(15-20 years).

It felt like Chelsea were given slack as soon as City became a threat. I hope City fans don't become as hypocritical as a lot of their fanbase seem to be these days. Always remember who the cartel are and who their sights would be set on, without another "threat" to their dominance to deal with first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.