Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what the big fuss about this takeover is. The Geordies should be happy they've got rid of Ashley who was an incredibly unambitious chairman. Thanks to FFP though, the draw bridge has been pulled up. They won't be able to do what we, Chelsea, PSG etc did because of these rules stopping it.

They'll probably spend a bit more than they previously did, but they aren't going to be spending £250m net each transfer window are they?

I think they’ll be competing with the spurs and Everton’s of the league within two seasons. They’ll then need a big transfer push and a right manager to break into the top four. That’ll take 3-4 seasons.

Then when they do cement top 4 they’ll need to spend big again to compete, which I think they could fairly quickly. Doesn’t mean they will win the title mind.

They’ll have a slightly harder climb than we had but I would bet in 6/7 seasons they’ll be regularly competing for the title - if the owners invest like ours have.

Good luck to them.

I don't see what the big fuss about this takeover is. The Geordies should be happy they've got rid of Ashley who was an incredibly unambitious chairman. Thanks to FFP though, the draw bridge has been pulled up. They won't be able to do what we, Chelsea, PSG etc did because of these rules stopping it.

They'll probably spend a bit more than they previously did, but they aren't going to be spending £250m net each transfer window are they?

They can until they get into Europe can’t they? Premier FFP rules are more relaxed than uefa?

The oil in the Gulf is all mine. all mine
The oil in the Gulf is all mine!

Yes but his point is they can't compete with teams that have a £300m payroll.

Leicester and West Ham are already doing that on a budget that's within reach for Newcastle.
More become one of those 300m payrolls teams overnight than compete.

Gonna be fun to watch and see how they longterm/shortterm plan this from the outside.

If I was advising Newcastle I'd say ...
1. Pick your players and staff very carefully. You don't want to be progressing and then suddenly a player is brought up for some stupid or disgusting shit.
2. Make sure that your security is top notch. You don't want email getting out that'll cause any legal or ethical issues.
3. Treat the press like shit from the start. They'll hate you anyway so don't give them an inch.
4. Get an excellent Director of Football with a vision on how to create a sustainable successful style of play for the next 20 years.
5. Get the best manager and staff you can for the long term that fits the Director of Football's vision. Someone who is not in a rush to win everything immediately (That's why I'd go with Potter).
- Do not get a manager, a coach, a player, a scout, a tea lady who bleeds United or Liverpool. They are a cancer to keep out of your club (Fuck Gerrard)
6. Employ great financial people to run the club efficiently but make exceptions to pay whatever Mega-Super-Duper-Agents want to begin with. You can follow a more sustainable model later once you are nearer the top.
7. Add 2 of the best players you can afford that fit your style per window. At the start you'll progress slowly but over 3 or 4 years you should have got a pretty decent squad. Just don't go for half a team to begin with because many of them will be substandard pretty quickly.
8. Build up the scouting, academy and facilities strategies for the long term. Spend big here to make them top top class.
9. Employ some genuinely funny people with good nature within the club because everything outside will be septic. You need there to be a buzz inside the circle for people's mental health but also for a good siege mentality.
10. Employ top top media people to portray whatever you want because everything is an illusion. If you package it up nicely it'll be gobbled up and if not you don't give a shit anyway because you are inside the bubble.
Newcastle are already doing a much better job than we have done on PR. A two-page interview with Amanda Staveley in today's Times where she destroys claims that the Saudi owners are "sportswashing." Her quote stated that if they wanted to do that they would have bought a US franchise "not a club in the relegation zone." They used her rebuttal as the main headline. Totally proactive response, tackling the media head-on. Staveley is a class act. We should have had her heading up our project. She praised City but also made it clear that, though it would take time, they want to take us on. Underestimate her at our peril. She made a point of saying she would be at the club almost every day. I hope Khaldoon was listening.

Can't wait to see what that ‘True Geordie’ fellah has to say - lol - he’s always slagged us off for the sheik money.
good luck to them, what ever's next? Elon Musk buying Brentford?...watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.