Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police have said there's no case to answer in relation to the "offensive" banner. Nice to see common sense prevails for once.

Story

I've never had to report a crime before, but when you do it, do you have to say which crime you think has been broken? I'd be interested to know what they thought was illegal about the banner.
The BBC seem reluctant to show the banner despite the police saying its OK. My first searches showed a pic of empty ground and the second a crowd scene with no sign of the banner.
No matters who owns Newcastle doesn't alter the fact that Palace are shite.

The BBC seem reluctant to show the banner despite the police saying its OK. My first searches showed a pic of empty ground and the second a crowd scene with no sign of the banner.
No matters who owns Newcastle doesn't alter the fact that Palace are shite.
They also still insist on referring to it as "a man dressed in traditional Arab dress" instead of what it blatantly is, which is a cartoon of Prince Mohammad bin Salman.

They also still insist on referring to it as "a man dressed in traditional Arab dress" instead of what it blatantly is, which is a cartoon of Prince Mohammad bin Salman.
All rather silly. Palace fans complained to police about Saudi flags in away end. Fans complaining and getting our non political police involved about opposition fans lighthearted waving national flags of their owners or even players is plain daft.
I've got a vague memory of rag fans chanting Argentina and waving Argentine flags because of a player. Or am l imagining it?

Aren't there rules about political banners at football matches, or is that just UEFA?
I think that's a UEFA thing. But I'd also question how much you could claim that the banner is political given that it's directly related to the ownership of the football club. I'd consider political banners to be ones about things that are unrelated to football.

Because you are just making it up to suit your own argument or generalising the views of all palace fans. Go conduct a survey or find a better argument.

The rags, red scouse, Geordies and Huddersfield are irrelevant to Crystal Palace.

They've put up with Allardyce and Hodgson without much moaning and don't at all strike me as an entitled fan base.

This thread is full of city fans who think they have to defend Newcastle and Saudi Arabia less the be called hypocrites. Well I'm sorry that's bollocks, Abu Dhabi and the UAE are more liberal than the KSA and I'd much rather be a hypocrite than an apologist.

The very fact that a public investment fund worth half a trillion dollars purchased a provincial football club for less than 1% of the fund value and formed a consortium with domestic business people proves that sportswashing as a concept does exist.

There is no overwhelming strategic or business reason to own Newcastle United besides that.
Isn’t that what you’re doing? Generalising the views of Palace fans?

I’ll have you know that that banner wasn’t the work of all the Palace fans in the stadium on Saturday. It was organised by the Holmesdale Fanatics, arguably the biggest bunch of up their own arse cunts as you’re ever likely to see in English football. And believe you me, they truly are cunts. So much so that many Palace fans can’t stand the twats. Especially after that stunt they pulled the other year at Brighton when they turned up without tickets and stormed the away turnstiles, which in turn led to hundreds of genuine ticket holding Palace fans being locked out of the stadium. Let’s also not forget that when they tried to expand their operations to include football hooliganism and take the Toll Gate pub by surprise at an away game at Old Trafford a few years back they got slapped all over the place. The Toll Gate isn’t even where United’s hooligans drink. Then there was the famous incident where the cowardly fuckers even sneaked back into Leicester’s ground when everyone had gone home and swiped a load of Leicester’s banners, proudly displaying them outside a Croydon pub later that evening. That’s not how ultras “claim” banners from other clubs but the HF were no doubt too shit scared to front up the Leicester fans in person.
Back to that banner - the hypocrisy of some football fans over the Newcastle takeover is staggering. The HF bellends were probably wanking off on Twitter about that banner, while at the same time letting their kids watch the Disney channel, yet both Twitter and Disney both have Saudi funding. No doubt many of them got an Uber home the other night from the pub too, which, yes you’ve guessed it, is also part Saudi owned. The red shirt clubs will no doubt be pissing their sides laughing that Palace’s thick as pig shit ultras are doing their bidding for them, and more fool you or anyone else for blowing smoke up their arses for that banner. Personally, I wouldn’t piss on the cunts if they were on fire. Not that the poxy Holmesdale Fanatics have ever shown at our place of course.

'There is no overwhelming strategic or business reason to own Newcastle United besides that.'

It's this that most people don't get. Yes,there is no such thing as 'sportswashing' but deals outside football in China and South America and USA are being done and relationships are being forged on the back of owning clubs like ours and I'd bet KSA know that. It's 'literally hand in glove'

Pretty sure the hateful eight know this, and that we are slowly growing income and that political and business priorities will always trump the small time interests of football club owners. There is so much more going on and it suits our owners and Newcastles for it too be all about 'sportswashing'.

'There is no overwhelming strategic or business reason to own Newcastle United besides that.'

It's this that most people don't get. Yes,there is no such thing as 'sportswashing' but deals outside football in China and South America and USA are being done and relationships are being forged on the back of owning clubs like ours and I'd bet KSA know that. It's 'literally hand in glove'

Pretty sure the hateful eight know this, and that we are slowly growing income and that political and business priorities will always trump the small time interests of football club owners. There is so much more going on and it suits our owners and Newcastles for it too be all about 'sportswashing'.

Yes that is still sportswashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.