Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"content of the message"

Let's ignore charity appeals for vulnerable children and the disabled because Jimmy Savile used campaigning to disguise his sex offending.

View attachment 28841

View attachment 28840
Talk about spectacularly missing the point. And I'm not sure what the fuck Jimmy Savile has to do with any of this, especially as we only found out retrospectively what a monster he was.

Perhaps you can explain to us all why so many football fans are only ever arsed about the topic of human rights abuses when someone buys a football club, especially if it's not their own. One could legitimately argue that they actually don't give a shit about human rights abuses, never have, and never will. THAT is the point I was making but obviously it flew over your head.

Yes that is still sportswashing.
Sportwashing is a made up word to allow lying fuckwits to sound credible. Every single person is guilty of mobile phone washing, clothes washing(well apart from the wife), oil washing, car washing etc. It is the biggest hypocritical shit iv heard in a long time.

People argue on Twitter about human rights using a device made from countries with…you guessed it,awful human rights.

It is a racket.

Why did they hire a PR firm then?

Hmmmm..... to provide strategic communications counsel to ensure global stakeholders, and particularly the US business community, understand the fund’s clearly defined long-term investment strategy and governance frameworks as PIF continues to develop its domestic and international portfolio?

How do you know that they've bought the club not to make direct profits? Anyone with half a brain cell would know that buying a football club as a big as Newcastle United for £300 million in the most popular league in the world and investing heavily in the right areas with a long-term vision could well turn out to be a very profitable venture. This is the same short-sighted bullshit we get from opposition fans about Mansour's investment in City. "He's spent over a billion quid and will never get it back". While ignoring the fact that if he sold the club tomorrow, he would probably make well over half a billion quid profit on his investment.

Direct profits generated through the club, not capital growth and sale of the club.

In the quoted post I was talking in general terms not specifically Newcastle.

I haven't said anything about wasting money or not getting it back. But the achievable profits and capital growth are dwarfed by those in other sectors.

A few years ago they were looking to buy the rags, would you have being saying the same if that had succeeded?

Hmmmm..... to provide strategic communications counsel to ensure global stakeholders, and particularly the US business community, understand the fund’s clearly defined long-term investment strategy and governance frameworks as PIF continues to develop its domestic and international portfolio?

Ah so they do care about their reputation. Thank you for agreeing.

Direct profits generated through the club, not capital growth and sale of the club.

I haven't said anything about wasting money or not getting it back. But the achievable profits and capital growth are dwarfed by those in other sectors.

A few years ago they were looking to buy the rags, would you have being saying the same if that had succeeded?
Isn't that rather the point? If the aim was "sportswashing" they could easily have put 5 billion down for United and immediately gained 690 billion fans and the support of the media, rather than the 50,000 from Newcastle and hostility all over?

Sportwashing is a made up word to allow lying fuckwits to sound credible. Every single person is guilty of mobile phone washing, clothes washing(well apart from the wife), oil washing, car washing etc. It is the biggest hypocritical shit iv heard in a long time.

People argue on Twitter about human rights using a device made from countries with…you guessed it,awful human rights.

It is a racket.
Here is an example not involving Arabs.

Isn't that rather the point? If the aim was "sportswashing" they could easily have put 5 billion down for United and immediately gained 690 billion fans and the support of the media, rather than the 50,000 from Newcastle and hostility all over?

The Glazers have not expressed an intention to sell. Plausible deniability goes out of the window if you spend double the value of the asset.

If purpose of owning the club is reputation management, would it be good for their reputation to be seen paying a hugely inflated figure?

Believe you me, if they'd bought the Rags I wouldn't have been happy but only because they might've become more of a threat to us than they are under the Glazers. I most certainly wouldn't have been spouting sanctimonious bullshit about human rights abuses though. Basically it's none of my fucking business who owns football clubs other than the one I support. And it's none of yours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.