Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf we weren’t pulling any trees up ourselves at the time.
When we lost away to WBA around Christmas time I’m pretty sure we were In the bottom 3.
IIRC we were in the bottom 3 when we played Blackburn away just after Christmas and went behind. A late Robinho goal earned us a point and from there on the rest is history. Great Blues following that day - I remember the Fernhurst pub being rammed.

Two decent solid signings so far, did think they were going for Martial on loan, long term we can do nothing about Newcastle but short term it is in our best interests if Newcastle stay up
Could you explain why Newcastle staying up is in our best interests ?

we are Man City not Newcastle. The two clubs aren’t connected in the slightest.

He has scored 3 goals in 17 matches , he is on par with Steve kinsey

Newcastle arent even weakening relegation rivals Burnley with this move. The only rationale behind this signing is that the owners have accepted relegation and are gearing up for the Championship. Surely they're not that stupid to think Wood will give them PL goals? Championship goals - yes.

22/5/22
Burnley 1 - 0 Newcastle Wood (O.G.)

Newcastle down, Burnley stay up.

Gonna be a hell of a final day if they are both fighting for survival.

Could you explain why Newcastle staying up is in our best interests ?

we are Man City not Newcastle. The two clubs aren’t connected in the slightest.
I think the idea is that a rich Newcastle flexing their muscle in the prem transfer market will make it even harder for the redshirts to win owt.

He has scored 3 goals in 17 matches , he is on par with Steve kinsey

He's one of only 4 players to score 10+ goals in each of the last 4 seasons.

While playing for Burnley, the least attacking side in the country.

1 in 3 scoring record over 150+ games, that's good for someone who's coming in for a couple of seasons to be dependable cover for Wilson's injuries.

He's one of only 4 players to score 10+ goals in each of the last 4 seasons.

While playing for Burnley, the least attacking side in the country.

1 in 3 scoring record over 150+ games, that's good for someone who's coming in for a couple of seasons to be dependable cover for Wilson's injuries.
Agree with most of that but there's a lot more than 4, that stat going around it wrong.

Kane, Vardy, Son, Salah, Mane, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Sterling off the top of my head .

Impressive company to be fair to him. Whether Newcastle are the right fit for him is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.