Newcastle Utd (H) Post Match Thread

The players were still on the pitch.

There was a blatant handball 5 seconds before the final whistle was blown.

Are you suggesting VAR cant be consulted in the last minute of stoppage time?
I get that, but the system is a joke. The final whistle is either the final whistle or it isn't.

Incidentally I remember a CL game where we "won" a last second penalty but it wasn't given because the ref blew for full time. Ref said afterwards he would have given it "but there was no time", but It was determined afterwards by those who know the rules better than I do that because the penalty incident occurred before the whistle had blown, it should have been given. If I'm not mistaken that would have given us a draw which would have been enough to progress. Can't remember the exact match or circumstances though.

I liken Zinchenko to a pop up toaster.
I have had my toaster for about 10 years and it has never ever let me down.
Bread goes in, toast comes out every fucking time, thats Zinchenko for you, as reliable as my toaster.
Do you keep it in a cupboard?

I get that, but the system is a joke. The final whistle is either the final whistle or it isn't.

Incidentally I remember a CL game where we "won" a last second penalty but it wasn't given because the ref blew for full time. Ref said afterwards he would have given it "but there was no time", but It was determined afterwards by those who know the rules better than I do that because the penalty incident occurred before the whistle had blown, it should have been given. If I'm not mistaken that would have given us a draw which would have been enough to progress. Can't remember the exact match or circumstances though.
The final whistle was blown as time had run out. The referee didn’t know at that stage that he’d missed a handball. I don’t really see the issue with it.

I don’t remember the penalty not being given in the CL. If what you suggest is true, then the referee has made a mistake.

That would be great but I do not think it is true!
Not correct. If they lose on Tuesday they would still be 3 points behind with 2 more to play. We still have 3 to play but could lose all 3, in which case if they won their last 2 (or even one of them and rack up the goal difference), they win the title.

Absolutely phenomenal performance after the heartbreak of Madrid. The players has that look about them that they wouldn't let this slip, and went about it professionally & did what was needed with the bonus of a couple of late goals to boost our goal difference.

The last goal from Sterling was a cracker. Can see Jack's confidence growing the longer the season goes. Think he'll be immense for us next season.

Shame about Dias going down, but with three games left we have the cattle and three more to go now.

Keep pushing lads, the finish line is right there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.