Newcastle Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Re: Dzeko yesterday

I thought he was AMAZING yesterday, the way he managed to not hit the target basting high and wide from about 10 yard was sensational.

Also, his first touch, which lead to a Newcastle thrown in, was top notch.

He looked much stronger yesterday and didn't fall over as much as previously. I think that everyone would agree that the one thing this team lacks is width and explosive pace and assuming we get that over the summer then I reckon he's worth another season as he will thrive much more with pacy wingers in the squad. This is a time for as much continuity as possible.

He's got to start bullying centre-halves much more and needs to bulk up a little imo. I think there's a much better player in there trying to get out, but he'll be drinking at the last chance saloon next season, that's for sure.

quiet_riot said:
I thought he was AMAZING yesterday, the way he managed to not hit the target basting high and wide from about 10 yard was sensational.

u must be one frustrating sad person with nothing in life to be proud of so u just troll around here

usually I'd care if any1 wrote something like that but we're a week away from winning the title so I dont a shit what trolls like u write

He is a quality striker, maybe not the smoothest in his build up but the guy is a goalscorer.

I dont think he fits well in our current system, he needs support from a winger who will constantly but the ball into the box, if we dont get one in the summer then we or Edin won't benefit.

Robbo. said:
Hes lost his confidence, and you could see it yesterday. He can't hold the ball up and looks like he has no strength.

But if it wasn't for his goals, especially the 4 against the spuds then the title would be much closer.

Dzeko, I thank you

Don't forget the two in "Fergietime" at the swamp - worth half of our 8 goal difference advantage!

Jaskosss said:
quiet_riot said:

u must be one frustrating sad person with nothing in life to be proud of so u just troll around here

usually I'd care if any1 wrote something like that but we're a week away from winning the title so I dont a shit what trolls like u write

But to be fair, he's right. Dzeko was average at best yesterday<br /><br />-- Mon May 07, 2012 9:58 am --<br /><br />
bert's broken neck said:
Robbo. said:
Hes lost his confidence, and you could see it yesterday. He can't hold the ball up and looks like he has no strength.

But if it wasn't for his goals, especially the 4 against the spuds then the title would be much closer.

Dzeko, I thank you

Don't forget the two in "Fergietime" at the swamp - worth half of our 8 goal difference advantage!

yep totally agree mate

he played well and is a good player.

BUT, he just doesn't suit our style and he and mancini know this.

get rid

Re: Newcastle fans

Bilboblue said:
cyberblue said:
lancs blue said:
Tbf almost every club had its scummy element in those days, including City. I thought they were fine today, passionate about their team and trying to put our players off with the booing.
you are right but i cant remember City Fans leaving a match early in there thousands to storm an away end hiting everyone one in sight & forcing women & kids to flee for there lives but as i said am glad times have changed & pleased they got on so well with City fans today

That was Middlesboro at Maine Road.
-
***Ye' I do remember it being Middlesbrough actually-if it's the same occasion? They were absolute "scum" attacking anyone in their path-including Junior Blues, in the old North Stand-shortly after the start of the match (about 20minutes in!). They had already been into the Sherwood Pub and battered old men in there and wrecked the pub. Disgraceful excuses for football fans.

I have been everywhere, historically, and generally in the home team end-to base an honest and balanced opinion on the "quality" of the real fans - just 'cause I want to really. Have been to nearly every ground in the Premier and Championshipship doing that - since the 1970's. My considered and unbiased findings, unquestionably the most biased and nasty, and generally horrible support was Liverpool then Everton - never admitting their own team or club's shortcomings and blaming others always (never their fault like!) The most passionate by far and away - Newcastle United. Very knowledgeable and generally nice people with great hearts. As per being human beings, there are exceptions, as there are in our ground mind, to be fair!

Proudest moment, speaking as a City fan, was when Arsenal gave us a footballing master-class lesson at Maine Road-think they won 4.0. We gave them a standing ovation and sang stand up for the Champions. The Arsenal players reciprocated at the end of the game and went round the pitch and clapped us. Martin Keown, whom was playing for AFC, was quoted years later as saying that he considered City fans as being the most knowledgeable in the game. Quality and a great testament to us as fans.

Thanks Geordies!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.