Newcastle Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Had a great time. That alleyway down towards the station full of bars was great. Spent 5 hours along there after the game. All the locals were friendly and complementary towards us. Couldn't have had a better day out.

Danny Hoekman said:
Had a great time. That alleyway down towards the station full of bars was great. Spent 5 hours along there after the game. All the locals were friendly and complementary towards us. Couldn't have had a better day out.
This post scares me

Blackcrowes said:
http://youtu.be/dBPaJ40Nods

Video of Yaya 2nd Goal and 7 mins of joy in the gods upto and after the final whistle.

Quality mate. Fergies crackin up haha!

My first evening back on this board after a lengthy ban, and I do feel the need to comment about the Geordies. My first trip there was 1977 for the FA Cup win and we got battered to **** before, during and after the game. My second trip was in the 1980's, it was in the second division (the one called the championship), and despite the fact they beat us 5 or 6 nil they were still kicking the gates in at the end of the match to try and get to the City fans. I have made numerous trips up there since and whilst it has never been that bad I could not say it was a favourite away day. HOWEVER on Sunday it was completely different - no mither in the pubs before the game, friendly banter walking to the ground and no snidey comments, a superb astmosphere from both sets of fans inside the ground, and then afterwards I have to give complete respect to the Geordies for their decency - so many hand shakes and well dones, no bitterness, every Newcastle fan I spoke to wanted us to finish above the scum, absolutely brilliant day, right up there with Lokeren for friendliness - I cannot remember many away games where several fans actually took the trouble to cross the road to shake my hand and congratulate me, and god bless the one who said "I hope you win the league SON" - I am fifty fucking two (my first post-ban swear word). Geordies, you did your toon proud on Sunday, and the posters who have been in here since have continued this, top people

Danny Hoekman said:

That'll be Pink Lane! Used to be something of a red light distract Wayyyyy back in the day. Before my time anyway...

Good little place down there. We often get away fans in there with the close proximity to the station and they're always welcome. I'd even welcome the mackems in there if I'm honest as I'm not the violent type - but they know better as I'm sure others wouldn't be as hospitable as I would be!

Looking forward to having you boys back up next year - hopefully we'll be able to be as competitive and not roll over!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.