Newcastle Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/dBPaJ40Nods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/dBPaJ40Nods</a>

Video of Yaya 2nd Goal and 7 mins of joy in the gods upto and after the final whistle.

Who put the ball in the Geordies net, Who the ball in the Geordies net, Who put the ball in the Geordies net, YA YA YA YA TOURE!!!

Had a storming weekend. Up there from Saturday afternoon to Monday.
Geordie fans were superb with us. Never had so many opposing fans come up and shake hands with us.
Had one who annoyed me coz he came up and asked (genuinely) if I had been supporting them for years or had I only just started.
Had another who came up and I honestly have to say I couldn't understand a word he said. He kept shaking my hand so it must have been complimentary. No offence meant to any Geordies who read this but it was a very strong accent.
Got bladdered in Sunderland on the Sunday night. So then got all the congrats from the mackems as well.

andyeswecan said:
Alright lads/lasses.

Newcastle fan. Just thought I'd drop by and congratulate you on a great win... and wish you good luck securing the title next week.

We blew our big chance in 96, but I'm confident City won't.

Your fans were outstanding both inside the ground and out. The vast majority of us are a pretty welcoming bunch and it was great banter mingling with the City fans before and after the game.

The best part of it all was the atmosphere away from the ground in the pubs and town. Both sets of fans having a laugh together. That's how it should be.

Also great to see our fans applauding your players and fans, and your fans applauding our players' after the game. That is class by both clubs.

(Of course, no doubt there would have been the odd idiot. This is, after all, Newcastle. And we have a few.)

I feel the need to defend our fans for a couple of things I've read in this thread:

The whistling/booing when City were in possession ... when we played Liverpool earlier this year, we did the same thing and their players shat themselves. City didn't shit themselves.

It's nothing more than creating a cauldron of noise to unsettle the other team. It only happened twice, I think, when City were really applying pressure? Seemed like a long time, probably because City kept the ball for about 3 or 4 minutes!

Also, "where were you when you were shit?" was only sung once in the game from what I heard.

Crap song, and pretty sure the majority agree. With both clubs having been in the doldrums and retained great attendances in the lower divisions, it's a bit silly. Hence the reason it didn't surface very often.

As I mentioned above, a crowd of 52,000 being idiot-free would be a rarity.

Appreciate your post. Geordies are proper fans. Respect today and in the future.

Good luck against QPR. You deserve the title. You've played the best football over the season and are by far the best team.

Great set of fans, who - like us - would actually appreciate and fully deserve your success.

Appreciate your post. Respect to you today and in the future.

Newcastle are quickly becoming my 3rd team after city and city reserves. Nice to hear good things from the toon army. No bitterness shown and neither of the previous posters mentioned our wealth which was a nice change.

I just wanted to add my congratulations boys and girls. You were absolutely superb on Sunday as a set of fans. It was a hugely entertaining game. I couldn't help but me in awe of that man mountain Toure. My God - what a player. I feel a bit daft for joking at the start of the game that he's just an "expensive Amdy Faye" :D

I'm backing your boys on Sunday, and really hope you claim the title which you fully deserve.

It was a great atmosphere on Sunday, and we appreciated the fact that a large majority of you stayed behind to applaud our players. Likewise, we did the same for yours which I think took your team by surprise! Haha.

Sunday was a great advert for football to coin a phrase. Played in good spirits, and great sportsmanship at the end from both sets of supporters. Not sure if this will be of interest for you, but I thought you might like this fans blog from the local morning newspaper up here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.journallive.co.uk/journalblogcentral/2012/05/top-4-still-within-our-reach.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.journallive.co.uk/journalb ... reach.html</a>

Best of luck to you all.

As has been said-great to see so many opposition fans coming on and giving their respects. Class stuff, you all do your club justice. This is the way football should be, well done to everyone involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.