Newcastle Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Morning Blues,

Just wanted to come on and offer my congratulations for sundays game, dare i say it looked like a champion performance to me.

Nice to see such loyal supporters (especially those who went to York away!!!) getting some reward for that loyalty, gives hope to the rest of us!

I live in Manchester and co-exist with rags and Blues on a daily basis and you lot just seem much nicer so please please please dont muck it up now the rags would be unbearable.

PS feel compelled to apologise for that idiot who was on here before the game (Steve1892) no wonder we get labelled deluded his views are certainly not the consesus among the Toon fans.

Alright lads/lasses.

Newcastle fan. Just thought I'd drop by and congratulate you on a great win... and wish you good luck securing the title next week.

We blew our big chance in 96, but I'm confident City won't.

Your fans were outstanding both inside the ground and out. The vast majority of us are a pretty welcoming bunch and it was great banter mingling with the City fans before and after the game.

The best part of it all was the atmosphere away from the ground in the pubs and town. Both sets of fans having a laugh together. That's how it should be.

Also great to see our fans applauding your players and fans, and your fans applauding our players' after the game. That is class by both clubs.

(Of course, no doubt there would have been the odd idiot. This is, after all, Newcastle. And we have a few.)

I feel the need to defend our fans for a couple of things I've read in this thread:

The whistling/booing when City were in possession ... when we played Liverpool earlier this year, we did the same thing and their players shat themselves. City didn't shit themselves.

It's nothing more than creating a cauldron of noise to unsettle the other team. It only happened twice, I think, when City were really applying pressure? Seemed like a long time, probably because City kept the ball for about 3 or 4 minutes!

Also, "where were you when you were shit?" was only sung once in the game from what I heard.

Crap song, and pretty sure the majority agree. With both clubs having been in the doldrums and retained great attendances in the lower divisions, it's a bit silly. Hence the reason it didn't surface very often.

As I mentioned above, a crowd of 52,000 being idiot-free would be a rarity.

Good luck against QPR. You deserve the title. You've played the best football over the season and are by far the best team.

Great set of fans, who - like us - would actually appreciate and fully deserve your success.

Allright lads?

Most likely my one and only post on here but just to reiterate the above

Your fans (at least the ones I came across) were as much a credit to you as your team. Great craic Sunday night. I suppose its easy to be gracious in victory but real respect for the way you all celebrated and still showed the toon respect too. Class that I have no doubt wouldnt be replicated from the red half of Manchester under similiar circumstances.

Good luck for Sunday, not that you will need it and I feel sure your fans will be welcome in the pubs around St James any time

Really enjoyed Sunday before, during and after the game but been amazed by the amount of NUFC fans who have took the trouble to join BM and comment on our team and on us as a group of fans.

Cheers fella's, let's hope we can be as friendly as the Geordies were when they come to play us next season. I'm sure we will

Fair play to all the Geordie posters. I expect nothing less from you lads and lasses. A top club although my Mackem mates would disagree!

My Grandad was a Geordie although I never met him. Saw his pic when he was in the Eight Army but that's about it, although I once saw one of his Para brothers on This is Your Life as he was at Arnhem and got tortured in Colditz. Hard lads.

Anyway, the first time I drove over the Tyne Bridge going to court at the Quayside [I'm a lawyer], I started singing 'Fog on the Tyne' to myself. No idea why, just got very excited. Must be the Geordie Gene. Always have a great day there. Top people and a beautiful city. And we have an eternal, mutual love of Mad Kev.

Ho'Way the Lads.

Stayed in Jesmond on Staurday night with the Mrs.

I left her with her Sister and Mother in Jesmond on Sunday as she didn't have a ticket.

Got to the Metro station and I didn't have a clue where I was going or which Metro ticket to buy. Geordie lad came over and told us which ticket to buy. Got talking to him on the Metro and he invited us for a drink.

Went into a pub around the corner from the ground.(Can't remember it's name)

Met up with his mates and we had a few scoops and a good chat. The pub was full of both sets of fans. Plenty of songs and banter. No trouble at all. Got invited back after the game but I had to get back to Jesmond.

At the final whistle getting out was a mare, so loads of City fans stayed behind and clapped the Newcastle players as they did their of the lap of honour.

All in all it was a cracking day. Respect to the Geordies.

I have always had time for Geordies (and Sunderland fans for that matter, although I know Toon fans won't appreciate that), always brought good numbers to Maine Road. I had a Geordie mate who I haven't seen for ages, but we agreed i'd go to watch Newcastle with him and he'd come to watch City with me.

I went when they played Tranmere away 1993ish under KK in the 2nd division (he came to Villa away with me, the one where we wanted Villa to beat United to the league). The match at Tranmere I think kicked off at 11:00am on a Sunday and there must have been 6k pissed up Geordies there, absolute barmpots, but great lads and they do love their football.

Much the same as others have posted, toon fan came up to us at the Metro station and said day saver two zones for a return and the bairns button for my mates son and said "you will always get a great reception at newcastle, though the red shite would be different, had a chat with a few on the tube to Central, then had to ask directions to the Hotspur, good mixture of City and Newcastle fans and a good sing song and a laugh had by both.
The walking up to the ground had a chat with another couple who wanted us to win the league, and one or two of them thought that it would be a season early for them to qualify for the Cl.
Great atmosphere in the Gods and a superb view from 4 rows from the back, especially Yaya's first.
After the game again both sets of supporters chatting away to each other, football the way it should be, and the way it has been on all my trips to St James (though one of my mates was having a chat with a few of their lads a couple of years ago about the battles the two clubs had way back when...)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.