Sam. said:
wesshaw1985 said:
for me (if Milner is back) -

Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
Garcia-Barry
Milner-Yaya-Silva
Dzeko

Playing only one recognised striker would be a recipe for disaster, especially when that striker is Dzeko. By looking at how Newcastle will probably set up, Tevez and Aguero have to start.

---Simpson---Colocini---Williamson---Santon---
Those two with Silva floating and Yaya pushing forward will rip that back line to shreds.

Got to totally agree with this.
Williamson is shite, Colocini, their star man is not playing well and Simpson and Santon are average at best.
With Mancini's brain scrambled with what's our best forward line up, it wouldn't surprise me to see Dzeko and that would be a catastrophic mistake. Tevez and Aguero a must.

Cisse and BA are threats but miles off the pace this season but warrant respect all the same.
Tiote is a dirty twat and the other midfielders are average. YaYa to boss this all day!

We play like the first 20 mins against the rags and the toon army won't know whats hit 'em.
Pardue's Plan B is the Geordie lump-a-ball.

2 nil to us so fuck off Shearer.

Hoping you're right, but last year I remember us playing an Everton team with a similarly shit back four which I think was Neville-Heitinga-Distin-Hibbert ........and yet we still didn't score or even look like scoring

Massive game, time for Yaya to step up.

-----Tevez----Aguero-----
Milner-----------------Silva
------Barry---Yaya--------
Zaba--Lescott--Kompany-Maicon
------------Hart-------------

Presuming Kompany and Milner are fit that is what the team should be IMO. I think many of you are forgetting that HBA is extremely dangerous from the right and having Zaba there who Mancini has played at LB frequently will be a useful starter there as Ben Arfa always cuts inside and that will be facing Zaba on his strongest foot.

Also Nastajic is a good defender but still young and learning but I think Mancini might drop him this game. He was poor against United for the 90 mins and RVP beat him in most aerial duels. But havign Zaba and Maicon will provide good defensive and attacking stability IMO

You just know for a fact that it's crying out for Aguero and Tevez up front and Mancini won't play them together.

It'll be Dzeko and Tevez due Dzeko's height against Collocini.

If that's the case then we'll draw or get beat.

nevilletogoater-in said:
You just know for a fact that it's crying out for Aguero and Tevez up front and Mancini won't play them together.

if he doesn't play tevez and aguero together on sat then i'll want him sacked.

it would be a fucking travesty of a decision.

ban-mcfc said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

I honestly think Dzeko is going to start.

Mancini has such a big job keeping everyone happy now, and rotation is just going to be what happens now until the end of the season whether we like the team sheet or not.

If he can't keep everyone happy he will lose the dressing room, and I think Mancini has to play a lot of things safe to be sure he has a job next season, he won't take that many risks and dropping players all the time is not going to be healthy for team moral.

ban-mcfc said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

I agree Tevez and Aguero is the way forward. Colloccini looks more vulnerable when against strikers of this type(Suarez ran rings round him at Anfield) Don't tell Mancini though

sam-caddick said:
ban-mcfc said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

Mancini has such a big job keeping everyone happy now, and rotation is just going to be what happens now until the end of the season whether we like the team sheet or not.

If he can't keep everyone happy he will lose the dressing room, and I think Mancini has to play a lot of things safe to be sure he has a job next season, he won't take that many risks and dropping players all the time is not going to be healthy for team moral.

he's got an even bigger job trying to keep the supporters happy and an even bigger bigger job trying to keep the owners happy.

just play the best side for once ffs.

sam-caddick said:
ban-mcfc said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

If he can't keep everyone happy he will lose the dressing room, and I think Mancini has to play a lot of things safe to be in a job next season.

Fair enough, Mancini needs to rotate, but surely that doesn't mean playing a purposely weaker side to keep the likes of Dzeko happy and risk dropping points?

Team selection should be modelled around our opposition to exploit their weaknesses rather than picking someone who is having a sulk because they arn't in the starting line up as much as they'd like.

Tevez and Aguero suit this fixture down to the ground and if they don't start it will be a travesty.

Dzeko has got nothing to be fcking unhappy about. He has started plenty of games recently and been total crap in all of them.

He can sit on the bench for the rest of the season if the two argies do the business.

If they dont then he can come back in.

Gutierrez & Tiote on 4 yellows.

One more and they get bans - might affect their game to an extent

According to the training blog Kompany missed training, whilst Milner not yet in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.