Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry suspended is a big loss.

On the plus side,Garcia has his opportunity to prove he isn't as useless as many fear.

Tiote didn't look that good against Fulham while Anita was a livewire but not that great. So with Cabaye out injured, if Garcia isn't able to impose himself in this match (if he plays) then there may be no hope.

Anyone know if Rodwell could be ready for a start?

His possible return date was the 9th of December and he's touch and go at the moment from what I've read. Don't know if there's any truth in it though.

I'd rather see Jack start than Garcia to be honest.

Sam. said:
Anyone know if Rodwell could be ready for a start?

His possible return date was the 9th of December and he's touch and go at the moment from what I've read. Don't know if there's any truth in it though.

I'd rather see Jack start than Garcia to be honest.

Been in full training for two weeks now according to the reports but I am sure Mancini will start with Garcia.

Might make the bench as we might still be without Kolorov and Nasri looks a doubt now.

Sinclair might get a start given that Barry and Milner are unavailable.

Target Mike Williamson - wouldn't get in a Championship team.
T and A upfront, YaYa playing off them and with Barry out, Garcia to prove his worth.
Milner as sub if doubt on his Hamstring as he will be up for it being a local boy done good.

All out attack.

"if the strikers not got the ball, he can't score a goal"

I'm with the Aguero/Tevez combo, as suggested by many here.

Nasri just won't do.

More first half urgency needed, rather than the second half surge we seem to now rely on.

Faster on the break is preferable to the slow build up that allows defences time to organise.

And we need to create more goals rather than waiting for one to come along from somewhere or other.

The rags must draw a couple sooner or later (beware a wounded Martin O'Neil for example), so a decent run of wins would get us right back in it.

Tevez with Aguero

Nasri, bench

More 1st half urgency, rather than relying on 2nd half surge

Faster on the break instead of this slow build up tactic that allows defences to organise

Try to create more goals rather than waiting for one to come along from somewhere or other (IMO)

The rags will draw a few soon (probability) and a wounded Martin O'Neil might pull something.

I Think Sinclair deserves a chance to prove himself

Also how about Razak in midfield

93.20 said:
Faster on the break is preferable to the slow build up that allows defences time to organise.

This. Not only when we're on the break but general play needs to be stepped up as well. Faster passing movements and a quicker tempo in midfield, getting back to the one touch football we know we can play.

Nasri's guilty of this. Holding up play when we're on the break by prolonging the pass, trying to beat a man and as a result losing possession or playing the sideways pass across midfield rather than the cutting edge ball. Tevez does the same from time to time but we can rely on his work rate and tenacity.

The fact is, if we speed up our game, Newcastle's lacklustre back line will struggle to cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.