Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam. said:
Well up for this one. I think the defeat on Sunday could kick start our season and give the lads a much needed boost. I notice that people keep saying that there are a lot of games to be played and it's not over yet. That may be true but we can't afford to slip any further behind.

I haven't looked into the injuries properly but I believe Kompany will probably be available. If that's the case then I'd like to see Tevez replace Mario, Milner replace Nasri and Yaya starting in his more attacking role.

--------------------Hart------------------
--Zaba---Kompany----Nasty---Clichy--
--------------Milner----Barry------------
--------------------Yaya-----------------
---Silva----------Aguero--------Tevez---

this would be my team for most big games

simon23 said:
Sam. said:
Well up for this one. I think the defeat on Sunday could kick start our season and give the lads a much needed boost. I notice that people keep saying that there are a lot of games to be played and it's not over yet. That may be true but we can't afford to slip any further behind.

I haven't looked into the injuries properly but I believe Kompany will probably be available. If that's the case then I'd like to see Tevez replace Mario, Milner replace Nasri and Yaya starting in his more attacking role.

Its undoubtedly our best team,just a shame Milner keeps picking up niggles.

Newcastle were largely wank again at Fulham tonight although improved in the second half. They have been poor home and away except against Wigan, but AS USUAL we'd be naive to believe they won't turn up next week. We have one match per week now, everyone fit and healthy and no need to rotate all the time. United have Sunderland at home, the easiest 3pts imaginable, so we have to win really or it becomes 7pts or 9pts the difference.

simon23 said:
Sam. said:

+1

FantasyIreland said:
simon23 said:
Sam. said:

Its undoubtedly our best team,just a shame Milner keeps picking up niggles.

rodwell can do the job milner does as well...he has the same "engine" that milner does and the same graft but with maybe a bit moe going forward (not sure on this but he seemed to have it when at everton)

Sooo i think that Milner needs to start all the time once he is fit, which i believe he is.
Then I don't want to see Maicon on the pitch, strongest team is with Zaba and Clichy.
We must recognize that on Sunday, we played well. We dominated and really every player was at their best besides NASRI and Balotelli. Silva could have been better but over all, city played well. Just those last 5 minutes must be max focus from everyone!!! if the fucker VP missed the shot, i truly believe that we could have won the game with a late goal from Aguero or Tevez.
Dzeko needs to come in in the last 20. We know that is the key to winning our games.
I have a suddenly more confidence in our team than i did before. I thought sunday's performance was a good one, and unfortunately the Reds got us this time. But they are aware it wsn't a walk in the park. THey got some luck and played a great game.
We just need to win, and win. and we can always win when tevez and aguero start. Nasri needs to straighten himself out. But other than that, this year we can strengthen and be consistent.
ONe thing needs to change, NO MORE MIGGLING WITH LINEUP!!! lets just stick with one starting 11 ( with a few exceptions of course).

CTID

We all know Newcastle can't deal with Yaya Toure so let's get him sitting in front of a midfield two containing any of Javi Garcia, Milner, Rodwell or Barry and really use his ability to influence our forward play - it might make us more direct, if anything.

The situation at the back is a little more difficult to sort out. We have two quality centre-backs that are both fit (Lescott and Nastasic) and one centre-back that turns up every now and then (Kolo Toure) but the two quality centre-backs are both left-footed. Does this mean we go to a back three and abandon the idea of having Yaya Toure further forward and use him as extra cover to allow Maicon and Clichy to get forward? Probably not a good idea but it may keep Ben Arfa and Gutierrez back.

However, Newcastle can be a very good team when they show up so let's not piss about shall we? Back to fucking basics.

........................Hart
Zabaleta.....Kolo Toure.....Nastasic.....Clichy
..................Milner.....Barry
.........................Yaya
...........Silva..................Tevez
.......................Aguero

Tevez City said:
simon23 said:
Sam. said:

+1

+ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.