Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully not 2 up front to start with - we let arsenal dominate the midfield in the first half and left Edin and Jov pretty isolated; for me it would be second striker and Navas to come off the bench IF needed. Would like to see a midfield 3 of Fern, Fern, Yaya, with Silva and Milner or Nasri, and Jov up front - dominate midfield, Yaya to get forward plenty

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Aguero's first game last season was Newcastle in the first premier league fixture with no pre season. I wont be surprised if its the same again, at least an entrance from the bench.

This could very well be why Aguero had such an injuryhit season. And my guess is that is what the staff at the club is realizing as welll hence the fact they gave the WC-players plenty of time off. Don't forget how many games we had to play last term.Hopefully we do so again, meaning we fare well in the national cupcompetitions as well.

We ended last season with the core of the team, Kompany, Silva, Aguero & Yaya playing with injuries. And the 5th member of the core, Zabaleta, on his last legs. And then they went off to the World cup. Not really surprising that we're treating them with kid gloves.

Its frustrating that we will start the season undercooked, but you have to trust the club to make the right decisions on when the players are fit to play.

Arsenal were clearly ahead of us in their preparations which isn't really surprising given their CL tie. But they've given their German players extra time off which for them is a much bigger gamble than it is for us to play Newcastle and Liverpool with an understrength team.

cibaman said:
We ended last season with the core of the team, Kompany, Silva, Aguero & Yaya playing with injuries. And the 5th member of the core, Zabaleta, on his last legs. And then they went off to the World cup. Not really surprising that we're treating them with kid gloves.

Its frustrating that we will start the season undercooked, but you have to trust the club to make the right decisions on when the players are fit to play.

Arsenal were clearly ahead of us in their preparations which isn't really surprising given their CL tie. But they've given their German players extra time off which for them is a much bigger gamble than it is for us to play Newcastle and Liverpool with an understrength team.

Spot on. Our best players were all playing through injuries and then went off to the World Cup. Patience will be needed and we may have a slow start but I am happy to trust Pellegrini and co. The plan was clear at the weekend-those that had had a full pre-season played. The likes of Dzeko and Yaya were withdrawn because they had returned later and Nasri had missed time through injury.

I don't expect many changes for Newcastle-Hart, and probably Kompany and Sagny.

Hey hey. You can tell it's the new season. So many people making negative assumptions. All opinion
with no facts to back them up. Welcome one and all. Let the games begin ;-)

Aguero's first game last season was Newcastle in the first premier league fixture with no pre season. I wont be surprised if its the same again, at least an entrance from the bench.

Id be amazed if Aguero is anything more than on the bench for Sunday. How many times last season did we rush him back and then suffer a setback in his fitness. For me Sunday will hopefully be:

Hart
Sagna, Vinnie, Nasty, Clichy
Fernando, Yaya
Nasri, Jovetic , Silva
Dzeko

BringBackSwales said:
Hopefully not 2 up front to start with - we let arsenal dominate the midfield in the first half and left Edin and Jov pretty isolated; for me it would be second striker and Navas to come off the bench IF needed. Would like to see a midfield 3 of Fern, Fern, Yaya, with Silva and Milner or Nasri, and Jov up front - dominate midfield, Yaya to get forward plenty
I agree with this but I think Pellers will play Dzeko up front. I think Dzeko deserves to start after his sterling performances at the end of the season.

jollylescott said:
BringBackSwales said:
I agree with this but I think Pellers will play Dzeko up front. I think Dzeko deserves to start after his sterling performances at the end of the season.

I'm sorry, but the team has to be picked on current fitness as there is not much current form to go on.
Dzeko still comes into this, as he has more game time than most.

I'd go with Jovetic as lone striker with midfield players running to support.

We don't need to rush Aguero back. We need to think long term. If he's on fire I training, and the manager thinks he's ready then fair enough, but more likely he'll need more preparation

eversince 76 said:

This could very well be why Aguero had such an injuryhit season. And my guess is that is what the staff at the club is realizing as welll hence the fact they gave the WC-players plenty of time off. Don't forget how many games we had to play last term.Hopefully we do so again, meaning we fare well in the national cupcompetitions as well.

Its a valid point but I also think that Aguero aired on the side of caution a little more than usual with his fitness and availability in a world cup year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.