Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with 3 in midfield and 3 up top, and god knows which defenders will be deemed match fit:

_________________Hart
???????__???????__???????__Kolarov
_______________Fernando
______Yaya__Dinho/Milner/Zucu (whoever's ready)

________Silva_____________Jovetic
_________________Dzeko

With options off the bench (Nasri, Navas) although I would be tempted to have Navas in there from the start, but he's still a great option to bring on in the 2nd half

do we know if Aguero is fit? I mean injury-wise. physioroom indicates the beast as our only injured player.

it is interesting that most people didn't include Kun in their lineup.

edit: just read the last page. it's been discussed. :)

Tbilisi said:
Pardew is a horrible twat but Rivière is a great signing

I think Newcastle have done some great business this summer and I feel better about the fact we play them away earlier rather than later with them all needing to adjust etc...

I still expect a tough game, mainly because quite a few players expected to play will be playing for the first time in over a month.

birchwoodgingerste said:
i think kun and vinny will start mangala cud be a suprise.

Kun still has two-three weeks of pre-season left according to Pellegrini, Mangala has no chance.

I wouldn't play Kun until the physio's can guarantee him 100% fit.

I don't think we're going to suddenly change to a 4-3-3 this season, as some seem to be suggesting. Certainly possible against particular opponents, but I think as long as Pellegrini believes we can dominate the midfield with just 2, which we can against most teams, than he will continue with 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

I'm hoping Kompany can play, as well as one of Zaba/Sagna, but not so confident that will happen. Fernandinho over Fernando if he is fit, but again not so sure.

I also hope Silva and Nasri both start, because I think we are much better with both of them out there and Navas is most effective as a sub. But Jesus has had the full preseason so he may very well start. I wouldn't mind all 3 with just one striker, but also not likely.

sam-caddick said:
jared said:
Although seems likely Dzeko and jovetic will both play, does any think it quite risky to play both when aguero isn't ready and negredo is out for a few months. We could end up with no back up forwards if one of them gets injured.

Maybe, I think after today Pellegrini might opt for a more pragmatic approach as he will have seen that firstly a lot of key players are missing, not fit enough yet and haven't played a game of football in over a month.

I would play three in midfield with one of Dzeko or Jovetic up front, lets try and grind results out until we have everyone ready to go.

This could be the way to go until aguero is much more ready. But I think MP is still willing to take the risk in playing both forwards. And I almost forget there is still guidetti. But I have a feeling MP just doesn't trust him to make an impact

Aguero's first game last season was Newcastle in the first premier league fixture with no pre season. I wont be surprised if its the same again, at least an entrance from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.