Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
citymad said:
Would love to put one over that low life Pardew. Maybe we should let Ruben run the technical area for this game.

haha
This

ifiwasarichfan said:
I would go with just Edin or Jovetic up front and put Milner in the side and try to grind a result out. I think Newcastle will do well this year and think that Pardew despite his previous with City and obviously a bit of a nut job is the cleverest English manager around.

Kolorov over Clichy at left back for this one as an added attacking option and of the players who had a lengthy world cup I would just pick Fernandinho and Vinny.

I don't want to see Kun or Zabs for at least another fortnight or else we will suffer later in the season.

Will it be such a problem playing Zabaleta today? He's had a bit of a break, wasn't injured and seems to be naturally fit so will probably be raring to go. Its much more important that we don't overwork him over the course of the season. He was flogged by both City and Argentina last season and cant be expected to repeat that this year. But now we've signed Sagna that shouldn't be a problem. Zabaleta can revert to the sort of workload he had in 11/12 and should manage ok.

If anything, Zabaleta should be in better shape to play today than Sagna. Sagna hasn't had any competitive football since May and also has only been back in training for a short time. He's probably more susceptible to an early injury than is Zabaleta.

I agree about Aguero though.

Last year's back 4 - Zab, Vince, Martin, AK

Midfield 5

Dzeko or Jovetic lone striker.

4-1 City.

Fucking game day and the nerves have started to kick in!! Got to get off to a winning start! Come on you blues!

Having thought about it right up until this second, I'd go with Dzeko on his own up top.

Hart
Sagna - Kompany - Nastasic - Kolarov
Yaya - Fernando
Milner - Silva - Nasri
Dzeko

Heard a few people saying that Lampard is starting.

Any truth in this? I personally would love to see him start. Why not?

Big Dave Watson said:
With them being pumped up to honour the two lads who died in the plane incident and us being only half ready the best I can se here is a draw unfortunately.

your opinion is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.