Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope today's performances from UTD and Arsenal, go someway in preparing the boys for a tough task.
Just goes to show, pre season games are just about fitness to some extent, as UTD beat plenty of decent sides during the summer, and the Tarquins almost had everyone convinced they were going to walk it today, especially after "thrashing us"! Last Sunday

Bewar3them00n said:
Let's hope today's performances from UTD and Arsenal, go someway in preparing the boys for a tough task.
Just goes to show, pre season games are just about fitness to some extent, as UTD beat plenty of decent sides during the summer, and the Tarquins almost had everyone convinced they were going to walk it today, especially after "thrashing us"! Last Sunday

why do you put the wankers in CAPS?

I would go with just Edin or Jovetic up front and put Milner in the side and try to grind a result out. I think Newcastle will do well this year and think that Pardew despite his previous with City and obviously a bit of a nut job is the cleverest English manager around.

Kolorov over Clichy at left back for this one as an added attacking option and of the players who had a lengthy world cup I would just pick Fernandinho and Vinny.

I don't want to see Kun or Zabs for at least another fortnight or else we will suffer later in the season.

Vinnie as part of a back 2 and 3 in centre midfield...Yaya needs help at the start of the season...he looked overweight in America and slow in the charity shield...be back to his best in a couple if games hopefully.

Cummon blues let's be having a comfortable start to the season carrying on from where we left off.

Never felt more like!!

I'd personally try and pack out the midfield, having Fernando covering the defence that hasn't really had sufficient playing with each other and getting up to speed in pre-season. Kompany will have to step forth in this fixture whether he feels 100% or not, we need to get off to a winning start, Arsenal & Chelski have strengthened considerably this year and thus I can't see them making as many slip ups as last season. Classless Alan, and the Geordie faithful will be well up for this and I'd imagine their players will be up for it also, so it's important we fight tooth and nail to get 3 points.

Predict a 3-1 win for the mighty blues.

My line-up:

Hart
Sagna Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Fernando
Navas Y.Toure Silva Nasri
Dzeko

Subs:
Cabellero, Clichy, Boyata, Milner, Fernandinho, Sinclair, Jovetic

After a world cup with players being eased into the season its not about playing the type of football we played against Spurs etc last season.

Its about getting the points on the board to set the marker for when we are at full strength.

Any win is a good win no matter how its done in the early games just ask Spurs and Arsenal supporters.

A scrappy away win and no injuries we have nothing at all to complain about.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I would go with just Edin or Jovetic up front and put Milner in the side and try to grind a result out. I think Newcastle will do well this year and think that Pardew despite his previous with City and obviously a bit of a nut job is the cleverest English manager around.

Kolorov over Clichy at left back for this one as an added attacking option and of the players who had a lengthy world cup I would just pick Fernandinho and Vinny.

I don't want to see Kun or Zabs for at least another fortnight or else we will suffer later in the season.
After watching other games this weekend I can definitely see ring rust from most of the teams. Given our interrupted schedule with players returning at odd times, I would much prefer a more pragmatic approach by Manuel. For that reason I agree that one up top for this game is the way to go. I don't want to rely totally on Fernando to screen the defence given he hasn't played a prem game. He will need time to adapt and it's a big ask to get up to speed in a tough away fixture.

Milner might be the answer with Edin up top, or ideally play Fernandinho to give Fernando extra support.

I just think we need to be more cautious for this game, and for me that means playing one up top.

Would love to put one over that low life Pardew. Maybe we should let Ruben run the technical area for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.