Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
northstandgiveusasong said:
Heard a few people saying that Lampard is starting.

Any truth in this? I personally would love to see him start. Why not?
That would be a surprise. Although it's entirely possible he may feature from the bench in the second half. I guess that depends on the state of the game at the time.

Hoping on a win but a lot of the lads haven't even played a minute yet. Can see a slow start and well anything could happen. Just hoping we defend well and the rest usually falls into place.

Think being the first game of the season their expectations will be high and they will have a right go. I would nullify this br playing 5 in the midfield and let the natural talents of Silva, Yaya and Nasri take control of the game and dampen their resolve. Once we have control we will score.

0-2 with yaya getting one of them, as always.

jollylescott said:
northstandgiveusasong said:
Heard a few people saying that Lampard is starting.

Any truth in this? I personally would love to see him start. Why not?
That would be a surprise. Although it's entirely possible he may feature from the bench in the second half. I guess that depends on the state of the game at the time.

He stayed in training with England until the end of June but hasn't kicked a ball in anger since May. He undoubtedly takes good care of himself but until he signed for us wouldnt have been expecting to play again for a few months. He's not a spring chicken. And he's had very little time training with his new team mates. Is he likely to be more than 70% ready to play?

I would be very surprised if Jovetic wasn't in the starting 11. He has been the best player in preseason, and it also seems like Pellegrini have big hopes for Jovetic this season, and that would at least require a start today. To be honest, I would personally also prefer Jovetic as a starter over Dzeko anytime, I don't think Dzeko fits with the style of playing in the team, remember Mancini was the one who originally bought him for his style of playing.

Jovetic & Dzeko will 100% be in the starting line up today. I think Silva & Nasri will start the game with Navas & Milner replacing both at some stage. Unsure of the back 4 but as long as kompany plays and Boyata sits further away from the pitch than me (and I'm not going to the game) we will be fine. 3-1 City. Buzzing for the season, a slow start is the only thing I think can derail us from another league title.

hart

sagna-kompany-mdm-kolarov

fernando-yaya

navas-silva-jovetic

dzeko

for me this team has to much for newcastle to match it 3-1 win Go City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.