Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want a win and a big improvement on the Community Shield display, that was pretty shit...

We dont have many injured players (but more not fully fit after pre season), so 2-3 fit players will miss out on 18 man match squads obviously.

I'm disappointed with the team. If MDM is fit enough to play then I'd suggest zabba is. Would also liked to see fernandinho in the team but let's hope pellers called it right.

Fucking ridiculous playing square pegs in round holes.Last week at Wembley should have shown Pelle,that Clichy is no bastard right back (and I`m a Clichy fan).Why the fuck Milner doesn`t start in that position I don`t know,if Zabs isn`t quite match fit.

Glad Jovetic is starting after his pre-season. I find Clichy at RB a strange decision but we can't really comment until post match.

That said, ideally would have at least started Milner before Clichy.

Hope Fernando does well alongside Yaya too.

Come on City!!!!!

doggiesin08 said:
I would rather Milner at right back than Clichy.

He's been okay there in the very few minutes he's played - when having to fill in for a Zabba head cut or for a red card to a defender.

In pre-season Clichy actually was great at right back but when it came to the Arsenal game he was poor. I think he will be good enough for today though.

blue ranger said:
I'm disappointed with the team. If MDM is fit enough to play then I'd suggest zabba is. Would also liked to see fernandinho in the team but let's hope pellers called it right.
How so?

Demichelis, or just MD if you insist on initials, played 3 games for Argentina in the WC while Zabs played every minute of all 7.

I hope Jovetic isnt too far forward, that is I hope he is more of an attacking mid as I don't like just yaya and Fernando in a midfield 2 away from home. With a frenzied Geordie crowd it's easy to get over run. Last year at SJP we were lucky to get away with a win In a game yaya was awful in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.