Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we go 5 in midfield, Jovetic up front. I hope Hart, Kompany, Silva come in for Willy, Boyata, Dzeko. I'd also be tempted to swap Nasri for Milner. 1-2 City.

If Zab Kompany and Demichellis are not fit to play it'll be the same back four as yesterday we have to play 3 in midfield if not we will be overrun

____________Hart_____________

Zab____Komp__dem____Kolor

___Fernandinho_fernando____

Silva_______Yaya______Nasri

_________Dzeko_____________

waspish said:
If Zab Kompany and Demichellis are not fit to play it'll be the same back four as yesterday we have to play 3 in midfield if not we will be overrun

If Zabaleta's not ready yet we've hopefully got Sagna to slot in though Clichy didn't do bad yesterday on his wrong side.

ColinLee said:
waspish said:

If Zabaleta's not ready yet we've hopefully got Sagna to slot in though Clichy didn't do bad yesterday on his wrong side.

Yeah forgot about him but playing next to nasty and Boyato will be a baptism of fire we still need 3 in midfield especially away from home

ColinLee said:
waspish said:

Clichy looked fit but he was way out of his depth at right back.

Arsenal were sitting deep after taking the lead, and our full-backs got forward a lot. Kolarov was very effective, but Clichy gave it away continually

Marvin said:
ColinLee said:
waspish said:

Arsenal were sitting deep after taking the lead, and our full-backs got forward a lot. Kolarov was very effective, but Clichy gave it away continually

He's been fine against the lesser sides in the friendlies we've played, but yesterday proved he cannot play there in "proper" games.
He was the main culprit, in constantly giving the ball away, first 30 minutes.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Marvin said:
ColinLee said:

He's been fine against the lesser sides in the friendlies we've played, but yesterday proved he cannot play there in "proper" games.
Pellegrini should have known that. This was a step-up. Arsenal are ahead of us because the have to be. They have their Champions League games coming up very soon, and also they didn't have as many players involved at the end of the World Cup. Ozil and Mertesacker missed out, but their stand-ins are good.

Micah was available. People say he's too big, he gets injured. Well if you never ever play a player, that's what happens.

Can't possibly gauge the team for this. Don't know where we are fitness wise, and Manuel never gives you a bean in terms of clues. From what I've seen/heard so far I reckon:

Caballero
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Toure
Nasri
Silva
Dzeko
Jovetic

People calling for an extra body in midfield. I can agree with that based purely on the fact that fernando will need games to get used to the pace. I thought he was over run yesterday, and I'm not sure where fernandinho is in terms of fitness. If he is fit then a 4 midfield is not a problem. It served us well enough last year. I've thrown Mangala in, he should be fit he has hardly kicked a ball in anger but has trained alone? Not match fit, but fit. It's a gamble, but what I saw yesterday has made me put him in. If Martin is fit then he should be starting. Proven CB pairing. Mangala will get into this team without doubt soon enough and stay there.

2v1 city

Marvin said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Marvin said:

Pellegrini should have known that. This was a step-up. Arsenal are ahead of us because the have to be. They have their Champions League games coming up very soon, and also they didn't have as many players involved at the end of the World Cup. Ozil and Mertesacker missed out, but their stand-ins are good.

Micah was available. People say he's too big, he gets injured. Well if you never ever play a player, that's what happens.

In the earlier pre season games Clichy was never put under any pressure. Once he comes under pressure when playing on the right his game disintegrates. He instinctively wants to play the ball or tackle with his left foot. He might be naturally right footed but he's played for so long on the left that playing with his left foot has become ingrained. Yesterday (and in the other competitive games when he's played on the right) he was hesitant, continually playing the ball with the wrong foot and getting his body into awkward positions in a desire to use his left foot.

It made sense for Pellegrini to play him on the right in pre season because it meant that both Clichy and Kolarov got plenty of game time. But not once the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.