Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jared said:
Although seems likely Dzeko and jovetic will both play, does any think it quite risky to play both when aguero isn't ready and negredo is out for a few months. We could end up with no back up forwards if one of them gets injured.

Maybe, I think after today Pellegrini might opt for a more pragmatic approach as he will have seen that firstly a lot of key players are missing, not fit enough yet and haven't played a game of football in over a month.

I would play three in midfield with one of Dzeko or Jovetic up front, lets try and grind results out until we have everyone ready to go.

Just hope that City's players (and perhaps even more importantly, the match officials) can remain ultra professional and aren't unduly affected by any pre match events that are likely to take place, at St. James's park, on the day. (as was undoubtedly NOT the case at Anfield last season).

Hart

Zabba
Komps
Demi
Kolorov

Fernando

Yaya
Fernandinho
Silva
Nasri

Aguero (or Jovetic if Kun isn't fit)

Subs
Cabba
Sagna
Clichy
Mangala
Milner
Dzeko
Navas

I'll never tip City to lose, but I feat this could be a tricky fixture, for the reasons I've stated above.

Toon 1-2 City

Goals come crashing in like the start of last season. Newcastle 0-3 City.

----------------Hart---------------

Zab Kompany MD Kolarov

------------Fernando------------

Silva---------Yaya-------Nasri

---------Dzeko---Jovetic--------

See Fernandinho being used as a sub because we have the luxury to do so. Possibly Sagna for Zab. Not so much for Vinnie. Maybe an 80th minute appearance for Aguero.

Most here seem to want Jovetic to play as the lone striker, or with Dzeko. I think Pellers will go back to what won us the title (at least at this stage) and play Dzeko as the lone striker. I think he will stick the the tried and trusted Nasri/Silva combination, and if he plays Fernando then we might see the Fernando/Fernandindo/Yaya combo. I think it's quite possible he will start with Jovetic on the bench.

I hope he plays both Vinny and Demichelis. Not sure about their fitness but this is the serious business and we need them.

Pellers loves his 4-2-2-2:

My prediction

Hart
Sagna - Kompany - Nasty - Kolarov
Yaya - Fernando
Navas - Nasri
Jojo - Dzeko

jollylescott said:
Most here seem to want Jovetic to play as the lone striker, or with Dzeko. I think Pellers will go back to what won us the title (at least at this stage) and play Dzeko as the lone striker. I think he will stick the the tried and trusted Nasri/Silva combination, and if he plays Fernando then we might see the Fernando/Fernandindo/Yaya combo. I think it's quite possible he will start with Jovetic on the bench.

I hope he plays both Vinny and Demichelis. Not sure about their fitness but this is the serious business and we need them.
Interesting. Apart from the fact Pellers seldom plays with 1 striker.

Dax777 said:
jollylescott said:

Interesting. Apart from the fact Pellers seldom plays with 1 striker.

Oops Perhaps it's subconscious wishful thinking on my part. I like the idea of Merlin playing off Dzeko in away games. Anyway I think Pellers might take a more pragmatic approach in this game, and this might well include Dzeko playing up front with Silva. Food for thought anyhow ;-)

............................Hart
Clichy.......Kompany.......Nastasic......Kolarov

Nasri.......Fernando..........Toure..........Silva

............Dzeko...................Jovetic

But we never seem to ACTUALLY play that formation!

What I have been seeing on attack in pre-season is more like....

...........................Hart
.........Kompany.................Nastasic
Clichy................Fernando................Kolarov
..........Nasri..<.>..Toure..<.>..Silva
................................Jovetic
..................Dzeko

......or, when defending.....

...........................Hart
.......Clichy..Kompany..Nastasic..Kolarov
Nasri........Fernando.........Toure............Silva
........^........<.....Jovetic.....>........^(Supports defense on side being attacked)
......................Dzeko

If we're down to 2 strikers for the start of the season I think we should start with just 1 of them. I would always want a striker on the bench to be able to come on after an hour and change things if needs be.

I wouldn't read too much into Pellegrini's use of two strikers in pre season. It's essential that Dzeko and Jovetic are in good shape. Playing both of them obviously maximises their game time. Getting 90 mins from Jovetic yesterday, whilst also being able to give Dzeko an hour was a plus for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.