Kompany
Clichy/Kolarov

Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva

Dzeko
Jovetic

Siem de Jong is a major doubt for Newcastle United’s season opener against Manchester City.

As revealed by Sportsmail last week, the Dutch midfielder suffered a calf injury after returning from New Zealand last month and has not featured since.

He was again absent for United’s final pre-season friendly against Real Sociedad on Sunday and now faces a race to build fitness for the visit of the champions.

De Jong – a £6million summer buy from Ajax – had impressed during the warm-up matches until injury struck.

Boss Alan Pardew will be hoping it proves a minor setback for a player who missed parts of last season in Holland because of niggling muscle injuries.

^ Scored against us for Ajax, this lad.

LoveCity said:
Siem de Jong is a major doubt for Newcastle United’s season opener against Manchester City.

As revealed by Sportsmail last week, the Dutch midfielder suffered a calf injury after returning from New Zealand last month and has not featured since.

He was again absent for United’s final pre-season friendly against Real Sociedad on Sunday and now faces a race to build fitness for the visit of the champions.

De Jong – a £6million summer buy from Ajax – had impressed during the warm-up matches until injury struck.

Boss Alan Pardew will be hoping it proves a minor setback for a player who missed parts of last season in Holland because of niggling muscle injuries.

^ Scored against us for Ajax, this lad.
Tiote is also out which is good news for our midfielders. Very physical player

Come this weekend, the players who arrived back last will have 2 weeks training under their belt so they will need game time.

The players who have been there all pre season didn't have 2 weeks training before their first game all be it not a game of any importance against a lower class opposition.

The only way for the players to get fit and up to speed is by playing games so id play as many of the first teamers as possible.

We now have the squad that after 2/3 games if small niggles or fatigue set in we can make a couple of changes without severely weakening the team.

Hart

Zaba
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov

Nasri
Toure
Fernando
Silva

Jovetic
Aguero

from the OS:
"The Chilean warned journalists not to read too much into any of his selections for this game and hinted that the XI he fields against Newcastle next Sunday will take on a vastly different appearance. That starts from the goalkeeper position, right through the 11."
“The goalkeeper is the same as any other position - most of the players who played today played all of pre-season,” he said.
“All the 22 players in the squad are number 1 in all of the positions – we need them all.
“Joe finished last season playing very well – we will see next Sunday who starts against Newcastle

...with yesterday's rather lethargic game in the 'istry books, I'm starting to get quite excited now.

My only dilemma is whether to watch it in the boozer or at home - hmmm, what to do?...

I would guess we will have a few late comers on the bench for the weekend game. It might not be until the Liverpool game we will have our best 11 playing.
So my team for what its worth.
Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Nasty
Kolarov
Fermado
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Jovetic
Dzeko

Subs
Willy
Mangala
Zaba
Fernadhino
Aguero
Navas
MDM or Sinclair if we want another forward player in squad.

Tricky game I think the first 5 games we will be hit and miss be happy with 9 points but its got some tricky games and players returning late and not fully fit is my major concern.

-----------------------Hart------------------------
Sagna--Kompany--Mangala--Kolarov
-------------------Fernando--------------------
--------- Fernandinho---Yaya--------------
----Silva----------Dzeko---------Jovetic----

Subs:
Willy
Zabaleta
Demichelis
Lampard
Nasri
Navas
Aguero

CityFan94 said:
-----------------------Hart------------------------
Sagna--Kompany--Mangala--Kolarov
-------------------Fernando--------------------
--------- Fernandinho---Yaya--------------
----Silva----------Dzeko---------Jovetic----

Subs:
Willy
Zabaleta
Demichelis
Lampard
Nasri
Navas
Aguero
no Milner - that would be an unwelcome surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.