Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure there's a very simple answer, which is probably that it's just down to City's choice, however I just wondered why other players from countries that were in the WC are already playing friendly games yet ours haven't laced their boots in anger?

Just seems really strange - for example, I'm just looking at my DreamTeam and checked out Hazard and he's had minutes in their last 3 games whereas Kompany has had zero mins.

Maybe it'll benefit us in long term but it seems a high-risk strategy with such a tough opening set of fixtures.

Thoughts?

1st period
Hart
Sagna, Vinnie, Nasty, Clichy
Milner, Fernando, Toure
Jovetic, Dzeko, Silva
2nd
Hart
Sagna, Demi, Nasty, Clichy
Milner, Fernando, Fernandhino
Nasri, Jovetic, Silva

york away to this! said:
---------------flap---------------
flap...flap...flappity...flap
.........flappy.......flap.........
flap.......flapalot..........flap
..................flop...................

people having a dig a dzeko before the season even starts..... you should be ashamed!

Maverickblue said:
1st period
Hart
Sagna, Vinnie, Nasty, Clichy
Milner, Fernando, Toure
Jovetic, Dzeko, Silva
2nd
Hart
Sagna, Demi, Nasty, Clichy
Milner, Fernando, Fernandhino
Nasri, Jovetic, Silva
3 subs at HT?

What happens if there is an injury?

Rammy Blue said:
Sure there's a very simple answer, which is probably that it's just down to City's choice, however I just wondered why other players from countries that were in the WC are already playing friendly games yet ours haven't laced their boots in anger?

Just seems really strange - for example, I'm just looking at my DreamTeam and checked out Hazard and he's had minutes in their last 3 games whereas Kompany has had zero mins.

Maybe it'll benefit us in long term but it seems a high-risk strategy with such a tough opening set of fixtures.

Thoughts?

I have been saying that for the last few days and got told to stop flapping
Seems you can't show concern without getting that stupid response

Rammy Blue said:

Thoughts?

As Sir Humphrey would say, its brave.

I suppose if players have been in training for 12 months and then have a 3-4 week break, they shouldn't lose that much fitness or become rusty. Its not that much different to the winter break they have in Europe. And quite a few of our players ended last season carrying injuries which they then took into the world cup so need to be treated with care.

Perhaps the club thinks that, for those players that haven't had an extended break, a two hour training session twice a day might be better than strolling about for 45 mins in a friendly.

It certainly makes Sunday's game more intriguing than many opening day fixtures.

Newcastle fan here. We've had a pretty good pre season but i think you'll beat us on Sunday, but it won't be as convincing as the opening game last year. We've made some decent signings, watch out for Cabella and De Jong (if he plays), although you may know about the latter after he scored a couple against you for Ajax a couple of years ago. We look dangerous on the counter, but our defence is devoid of pace, if Aguero plays, i'd expect him to get a goal. Coloccini looks like he is on the decline and Williamson is very one dimensional. I don't know too much about your preparation/fitness, i'm not taking much from the charity shield, considering the team you played. It should be a good match on Monday though. Think it will be 1-2.

16 pages of pre match discussion and no one has mentioned Lampard yet? I think he'll be the surprise starter here (if not start definitely coming off the bench) ... it's a statement Pelligrini will make ... and he will be very handy in a midfield three, Yaya will then go forward and do what he always does at Newcastle ...

Hart
Sagna - Komps - Nasty - Kola
Lampard - Yaya - Nando
Silva - Jovetic
Dzeko

Rammy Blue said:

Thoughts?
Different approaches.

We let our WC lads have a longer rest than most, whereas United and Chelsea brought theirs back pretty quickly.

YCCMY said:
Hi guys, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. As i can't make a new thread, i'll though i'd post them in here, but if a mod could move this to it's own thread, that would be great. Anyway we are grateful for anyone who take the time to respond.

1) Where do you think you'll finish this season? What about Newcastle?
Champions, top 10
2) New signings you think will make the biggest/smallest impact for both clubs?
Mangala/de Jong

3) What young players could make an impact?
Don't expect any breakthroughs this season, lopes and Rekik next season I hope.

4) Who is your most important player?
Defense:Kompany
Midfield: YaYa
Attack: Aguero

5) Which one picture relating to City encapsulates how you feel about your club?
<a class="postlink" href="http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/22/article-2429235-182C351600000578-843_634x416.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/ ... 34x416.jpg</a>

6) If your club was an footballer, who would it be and why?
Zabaleta brave heart

7) How do you see your team fairing in the Champions League this year?
Get through group then it all depends on the draw, if we win the group then we should have a much better chance. Hope we get Porto or able rica in pot 1

8) Just how important is it that Aguero stays fit this year?
Essential he is a champion player.

9) Dzeko or Negredo?
Easily Dzeko

10) Do you think Lampard will get much game time for you before he leaves in January?
He will score a couple in cup competition

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.