Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck95 said:
Blueband Brother said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Why no Zab when MD and SA are in?

Martin Dimechelis has to play because of the lack of viable options. Mangala and Nastasic are unavailable so the manager has no choice. Clichy on the other hand has played most of the preseason matches and has looked comfortable and so it is no much of an urgency to play Zabaleta today. Sagna is also not match ready or has picked up a knock, not sure.

Sergio Aguero, like Zabaleta is on the bench.

Might of missed something but why is nastastic unavailable ?

Not sure myself but he is not in the team sheet. Injury, match fitness, possible transfer or loan this week- your guess is as good as mine.

Tricky_Trev said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Just because they all play for the same country doesn't mean their fitness levels are the same. Zab played 1,942 matches last season.

Not sure why people think playing Clichy is odd. We all knew Zab wouldn't play until Liverpool. We all know Richards is shit. We all know Clichy played all of pre-season. The only surprise is that Sagna is not involved, meaning he either needs a longer pre-season or has a slight knock. Not sure why it's an "incredible" decision!

Wow.

I know we need to trust Pellegrini but I am just baffled by this team selection. The Yaya-Fernando two midfield got absolutely overrun against Arsenal and Clichy at RB when we have 3 actual RB's available fully fit or not is just baffling. Hope it all works out cos with our start we need to hit the ground running.

RandomJ said:
I know we need to trust Pellegrini but I am just baffled by this team selection. The Yaya-Fernando two midfield got absolutely overrun against Arsenal and Clichy at RB when we have 3 actual RB's available fully fit or not is just baffling. Hope it all works our cos with our start we need to hit the ground running.
Having both Silva and Nasri on the pitch will help us retain possession well enough for a midfield two especially with Fernando's work rate.

jimharri said:
What's up with Sagna anyway? I presume he must be injured. It can't be that he needs much of a rest, France weren't in Brazil that long.

Worn out shagging that wife of his!

RandomJ said:
I know we need to trust Pellegrini but I am just baffled by this team selection. The Yaya-Fernando two midfield got absolutely overrun against Arsenal and Clichy at RB when we have 3 actual RB's available fully fit or not is just baffling. Hope it all works out cos with our start we need to hit the ground running.

Yep we will be overrun Kompany and Demichellis have play really well and we have to take our chances

80s Shorts said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Just because they all play for the same country doesn't mean their fitness levels are the same. Zab played 1,942 matches last season.

Not sure why people think playing Clichy is odd. We all knew Zab wouldn't play until Liverpool. We all know Richards is shit. We all know Clichy played all of pre-season. The only surprise is that Sagna is not involved, meaning he either needs a longer pre-season or has a slight knock. Not sure why it's an "incredible" decision!

Wow.
Alright, 1,941 then.

I thought Navas will be starting. Hasn't played in WC and played in many if the pre season friendlies. I guess MP really likes the silva- nasri combination

I would rather Milner at right back than Clichy.

He's been okay there in the very few minutes he's played - when having to fill in for a Zabba head cut or for a red card to a defender.

RandomJ said:
Come around 6pm we will know if its been successful or not,but like yourself slightly worried more about the two in the middle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.