News Conference

Didsbury Dave said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
If we get the defence sorted and they start to develop into a solid organised unit, then there will be times and opponents where they could be played together and it would be frightening for the opposition, the opponents need to be lower table game pinchers like Bolton, Stoke, Burnley etc, then go all out with

1. Given
    ---------------
  2. Zab
  3. Toure
  4. Lescott/Onuoha
  5. Bridge
    ---------------
  6. Tevez
  7. Barry
  8. Ireland
  9. Robinho
    ---------------
  10. RSC
  11. Adebayor

Unlikely maybe, but certainly not impossible at all.

There's no width at all in that side and it wouldnn't work, Nixon.

I think that the 4-4-2 will be a change formation if we're chasing the game. But with two target men you need crosses coming from wide. So it's SWP for Tevez for me.

Makes sense Dave, it was more an example that they could be utilized together, Im not sure about SWP as a crosser of the ball to be honest but take your point. In that scenario you would most likely swap Robinho out for Petrov also but I was meaning for Tevez and Robbie to play winger type roles, cutting in when play develops on the opposite flank. Like I say, unlikely but not out of the question for RSC and Ade to start in the same side.

(my width was coming from Zab overlapping Tevez or Bridge passing Robbie. Both of these can put quality crosses into the box for RSC and Ade)

SWP and Petrov are the perfect wide-men for a classic 4-4-2 line-up, in which Ade and RSC could well play together - although Hughes is probably more likely to go for a little man-big man pairing with one of the above alongside Robbie/Tevez/Bellamy, rather than both big guys together.

However, I beleive that with the players he's bought, we'll more often than not be likely to play a more narrow 4-3-3 formation - with Tevez on the right, Robbie on the left and Ade through the middle up front, with RSC on the bench as back up.

It's great to have the options though, which is why I would like to see us hang on to Petrov if possible, as he gives us genuine width on the left and allows us to change formations to exploit the weaknesses in our opponents.

I've just been watchin SSN they say there will be an update at 2;30 I don't know what that means exactly,if it will be new news or just more from the earlier press conference, but for those who are interested.....<a class="postlink" href="http://www.justin.tv/vip_football_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.justin.tv/vip_football_4</a> is the link. The feeds tend to come and go so I'll try to check back before 2;30 and if it has change I will post it here.

"I keep saying this there's nothing wrong with the defence its the system! (Brian horton type system) I don't like looking back but under sven didn't we have one of the best defences in the premier? and who was it in that defence? you all know that ITS THE BLOODY SYSTEM! we could have world eleven back four and we still will let goals in."

Could you elaborate a little more, I am very interested about your opinion as I think too, that the last year 50 goals "record" have deeper reasons than individual weaknesses in the defense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.