Next academy stars?

MCFCFanTX

In the past few years, we've had some good players coming from the academy who've had varying levels of success either with us (Rico, Bobb, etc) or elsewhere (Palmer at Chelsea).

Those that follow the academy, who are some of the guys to sort of keep an eye out on? Who's next?

Ndala, Simpson-Pusey and Mfuni were youngsters that went to the US.

Nico O’Reilly is the obvious one.

Other than him, based on what I’ve seen, Joel Ndala, Jacob Wright and Harrison Parker have a good chance of making it at a high level. I still have high hopes for Emilio Lawrence too.

Mfuni, N'Dala, Wright.
Before injury, Isiah Dada-Mascoll was possibly the clear stand-out, but he has been stalled. Hopefully, he can get back to it as, IMO, he is possibly the closest to Rodri that we have: big, composed, positional awareness, crisp passing, ability to shift the ball onto either foot. He is very young though.

I heard talk, recently, that a younger crop (U13, I think) were considered the best group that we have ever had. I have not seen any of their games though. Perhaps someone with some involvement with the younger teams can comment, though not about individuals.

Mfuni, N'Dala, Wright.
Before injury, Isiah Dada-Mascoll was possibly the clear stand-out, but he has been stalled. Hopefully, he can get back to it as, IMO, he is possibly the closest to Rodri that we have: big, composed, positional awareness, crisp passing, ability to shift the ball onto either foot. He is very young though.

I heard talk, recently, that a younger crop (U13, I think) were considered the best group that we have ever had. I have not seen any of their games though. Perhaps someone with some involvement with the younger teams can comment, though not about individuals.
It’s always interesting to debate but so difficult to predict. For example Jacob Wright was always a really good footballer, but never in the reckoning, never got a mention in here, and then dado Mascol gets injured, opportunity knocks, the kid grabs it, and somebody around the first team smust have something and boom he’s one of the first names mentioned in this conversation. Rightly so btw but it highlights the unpredictability.

I still think Dado Mascol will get a shot at first team involvement if he can get fit, Ndala looks like the profile they will move on and make a few bucks.

Other than that I think get your City TV and see who starts to shine

Mahamadou Susoho is an obvious name to throw into the mix, and by all accounts his loan at the Posh started off well (for him, if not the Posh anyway). One to watch this season.

Mahamadou Susoho is an obvious name to throw into the mix, and by all accounts his loan at the Posh started off well (for him, if not the Posh anyway). One to watch this season.
I forgot he'd gone on loan - definitely one to watch.

Just had a look at the Peterborough forum and there's a good number of positive comments about Susoho's debut: Susoho is a great talent, The young Man City lad looks good, The positives were the Man City lad...

I like Jacob Wright. Looks very composed for a young lad.
The academy is even more important now with these stupid PSR rules and seeing Chelsea spend big because they've sold someone for 'pure profit' to Leicester, shows how it needs to work, to stop teams falling foul of PSR rules.

You never know how it will pan out but of the defenders Mfuni for his age and very early days but I will keep an eye on junior Heskey brother, Reagan I think he is called., looks a natural.

There was some news recently that City had arranged agreement for Christian McFarlane to sign from New York City, a 17 year old left back. Not seen any confirmation that it has gone through yet but if it does he could be one to watch out for. Supposed to be highly rated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.